Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 CX-5 Phone Mount Options

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT FWD Machine Gray

Quote Originally Posted by limiter View Post
    I am thinking of creating a Proclip compatible mount for the 2017 CX-5 out of ABS on my 3D printer. Where do the airbags release from? I want to avoid having my phone exploded into my face if they go off. Here are the locations I was thinking of placing the mount (I will try to design the mount to hook into existing seams... i don't want to use adhesive):

I think you should be OK in all of those locations. There's a diagram of the airbag locations in the manual. Driver's side is in the steering wheel; passenger side in passenger-side dash. Check out this video (at about the 1:00 and 1:10 marks) to see exactly where the airbags deploy from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ2CuIdpIdw

Keep us posted on your design!

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT FWD Machine Gray

I ended up purchasing this one for now:

Works pretty well except the whole thing swivels around the vent-mount axis, so not as fixed in place as I would like. Also, the magnetic mount style is convenient, but don't love the extra weight and slight bulge of the metal plate sandwiched between my phone and case.
    Last edited by clads01; 06-26-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Registered Member

CX-5

In my 2016.5, I tried to mount my iPhone in the upper left quadrangle you have. It was the perfect place for it. Didn't block any windshield vision. Didn't block any controls or indicators. Took only a minor glance from the level to read. Was easy to operate the touch screen while still looking forward.

I used a Schoche adhesive magnetic mount. It was awesome, until it got warm and fell off. No what type of wonderful claims the adhesives I've tried make, they all lose their adhesion when it gets hot. The glue ends up coming right off the dashboard with a simple rub of my fingers.

I'm anxious to see what solution you come up with. I'm currently using a vent mount and it's no where near as convenient.

Registered Member

CX-5

Following!

CX-5 Sports Nav 2.2 diesel auto 2014

Dashmount make a holder for the RHD CX-5 dash, not sure if they could do one for LHD...
    http://www.dashmount.co.uk/index.php...mart&Itemid=55

I hate vent mounts. I don't want heat blowing on my phone. Plus my phone is so heavy it levers the vent downward.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 7eregrine; 07-16-2017 at 09:54 PM.

2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg.

I've used the kuda mount on my mazda3 and used the scosche magnetic mount. Best set up I've used. They currently don't have one for the 2017 cx-5 yet, I'm still waiting for them to make it for our model. I don't like vent mounted ones too.

2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg

| OEM window visors | OEM blue tinted hydrophillic exterior mirror | Photosync tint all around | 75% Photosync tint on windshield | JBR air filter | LED in & out |

How is that mounted? Is there one for a 16? I like that.

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

CX5

That looks like it's carved out of styrofoam?

It's leather. Looking at the site now. $66! Wow.

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Yeah it's a bit expensive but it's very well made, it's held by a screw that's hidden behind the glove box compartment. I was trying to reuse it on my cx-5 but it's too hard to cut lol They have them for 2016 models tho.

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT

I think the join/gap in the dashboard to the left of the infotainment screen would be an ideal location for a ProClip-style implementation. Jam the base in there for support and attach a device holder.

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT

Does anyone know whether the Kuda mount base, which is labelled for models "since 2016", is compatible with the 2017? Opinions on whether this section of the car has changed shape from 2016 to 2017?

http://www.kudausa.com/mazda-cx-5-si...ack-a1935.html

Quote Originally Posted by sheacon87 View Post
    Does anyone know whether the Kuda mount base, which is labelled for models "since 2016", is compatible with the 2017? Opinions on whether this section of the car has changed shape from 2016 to 2017?

http://www.kudausa.com/mazda-cx-5-si...ack-a1935.html
    It's not going to fit. I've emailed Kuda a couple weeks back and they are waiting to hear back from their vendor in Germany. Haven't had any updates yet.

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT

In theory, you could take the magnets out of one of these vent magnet mounts and install them almost anywhere?

I'm thinking it would be great to somehow get them into the back of the hazard lights button. Then my phone would mount right between the two air vents. Does anyone know how hard it is to remove the hazard switch?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast