2017 owners: odd noise?

My Mazda 3 did this, my Mazda wife's CX-5 does this and my new 2017 CX-5 does this sound. Kind of like and air plane gaining altitude? High frequency noise kinda like a faint turbo?

Could it be something with the higher compression motor? I only hear this noise in Mazdas I honestly kind like it. I'm not sure if it's the same noise as your hearing though lol. I have really good hearing. The noise I'm talking about can be herd under engine load during certain speeds and rpms. Usually around lower rpms.

Anyone else starting to hear this noise on the 2017? I'm taking mine in to get the oil changed tomorrow, and I'm going to bring it up with the tech. The noise literally starts at 45mph to about 60mph. If I let off the gas , the noise almost disappears until I give it slight gas and the car is under load. Once it hits 60+mph, I don't hear it anymore. Could be from the tire noise or it just goes away. It's not nearly loud enough to take a video of it, and the noise will be there no matter if the car is warmed up or just started

What did the dealer tell you? I have the same sound when I lightly press the accelerator at 35-60 mph.

Hey guys I am new to Mazda.

I just leased a 2017 mazda cx-5 just about a week old. Like the driving and the tech features available.

I was curious to find that there was some 30page thread on the 2017 DRL and how the headlights wont turn off even when you have it set at "OFF". Kinda bummed about it. I dont want to trust the internet source of turning the DRL off by 5 times twisting the switch 10 times pressing hazard while depressing brake pedal and all. maybe after sometime.

Speaking of weird noise. I have been babying my cx5 for a week driving like a granny and not going over any bumps hard. but today some times I hear a ticking noise from the passenger side I hear it at slow speeds not sure what it is. I had a friend ride shotgun and he said he didnt hear anything. I thought mazda took care of BSR for 2017 with lot of attention to detail would be a let down if things started to rattle with just 1 week of driving. Curious to see how you guys cx5 holding up.

Hey guys I am new to Mazda.

I just leased a 2017 mazda cx-5 just about a week old. Like the driving and the tech features available.

I was curious to find that there was some 30page thread on the 2017 DRL and how the headlights wont turn off even when you have it set at "OFF". Kinda bummed about it. I dont want to trust the internet source of turning the DRL off by 5 times twisting the switch 10 times pressing hazard while depressing brake pedal and all. maybe after sometime.

Speaking of weird noise. I have been babying my cx5 for a week driving like a granny and not going over any bumps hard. but today some times I hear a ticking noise from the passenger side I hear it at slow speeds not sure what it is. I had a friend ride shotgun and he said he didnt hear anything. I thought mazda took care of BSR for 2017 with lot of attention to detail would be a let down if things started to rattle with just 1 week of driving. Curious to see how you guys cx5 holding up.

I've noticed the little tray inside the center armrest makes noise sometimes.

The whine is only really noticeable when it changes to 6th gear starting at 45 mph up to around 60 mph. I think it's a transmission issue.

The dealer at first said they didn't hear it, so I took the tech for a ride and showed him. He said he heard it. After I dropped him off he stated that he was going to take another new one if the lot and check to see if it made the same noise. After he got back, he stated the other car on the lot made the same noise. I really wish I went with him to witness the noise on my own. I have now counted 5 people on here with this noise on their 2017. I'm starting to wonder if this is normal?

I had a similar situation / sound with my 2014 Mazda 3. They had to replace the transmission. It was covered as it was under warranty. Make sure you dealer is checking tech reports from Mazda.

If it were a faulty transmission, wouldn't it be a constant noise, not just from 45-60mph? Also, did your noise only sound when you have it slight throttle input? Mine stops in that speed range as soon as I let off the gas

Hello CLN

I have a 2017 M3 GT with 11K miles and high pitch dog whistle noise started coming out once I hit around 30mph!! Any clue what it is? Calling dealership tomorrow to make appt. Glad to know it's just not M3's.... Please let me know of any update on your CX5.

whistle noise

I appreciate the people that have posted checking for the noise.

By no means is the noise loud. It's just at a certain frequency that I pick up. And, now that I know the sound, I'm attuned to it.

Hoping this thread will accumulate more posts as we go. Sounds like me and Pete, thus far.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

hello, my 2017 mazda 3 had that noise and I thought I was the only mazda on the planet with this noise. Well, after taking it to dealer several times and many miles later, they found a bulletin and it went away!! They greased up axle seals and now the noise has been gone for over a year. Have you been able to get your vehicle taken care of? Email me direct at g2restore at g mail dot com.

It was fixed!!! Sorry for late reply! Haven't logged into this forum for a minute.

They found a bulletin and it called to grease up axle seals. Believe it or not it hasn't returned for over a year now. Have you had any luck? You can email me directly at g2restore at gmail dot com

Back