UK (Brits) New 2017 model thread, or fancy a second cuppa?

So it is, which makes "bigc" 40mpg claim even more astonishing, as nobody with the us version gets near 35mpg us from what I've read? never mind 48mpg us.

The conversion is the WRONG way round.
40 imperial gallons is 48 US. Gallons

Your link is for comparing equivalent UK/US mpg.

Last edited:
Well that's perfect then, 40mpg uk is equal to 33.31 us mpg.

Assuming the fuel tanks are the same then it's only the measurement that's different, the car still uses the same amount of fuel. Most of Europe uses litres so it's only us brits (and canada) that uses our calculation.

Just for comparisons;

I have a 2017 CX5 GT with the 2.5. I get an average of 27.9 mph overall but I see 31 to a high of 33.1 highway. This is on the digital readout but the last two fill ups I checked it vs the old way (miles divided by gallons) and the computer is within three tenths. I would think that considering any variables that’s pretty spot on.

I run Shell 91 V Power. My tires are inflated to 36psi all around. I’m not a leadfoot. In fact I notice the throttle is very sensitive to foot pressure and I have the instant mpg monitor on the info screen. Just back off foot pressure slightly affects the mpg positively without losing speed.

All this through some early spring snow but mostly rainy weather. I turned off the auto climate control a while back and this may have helped due to not running the air conditioning.

Its time we used litres our selves, the pumps are now litres and we pay for the fuel by the litre.

Well that's perfect then, 40mpg uk is equal to 33.31 us mpg.

Assuming the fuel tanks are the same then it's only the measurement that's different, the car still uses the same amount of fuel. Most of Europe uses litres so it's only us brits (and canada) that uses our calculation.

Aye, it stops us from realising we’re being screwed for 5.50 a gallon for fuel ($7.60 USD).

BTW,

3.8 litres per US gallon

4.546 litres per U.K. gallon.

What also gets my goat is petrol stations charging in 10ths of pence, these don't even exist. 119.9 just say 1.20 it's the same. For a 50 litre fill up which costs 60 it's 5 pence difference.

What also gets my goat is petrol stations charging in 10ths of pence, these don't even exist. 119.9 just say 1.20 it's the same. For a 50 litre fill up which costs 60 it's 5 pence difference.
That's here in the US too.

Last fillup was $2.53 and 9/10th of a cent. per gallon.

New Car - Mazda Toolbox

Hi all
I will be collecting my new CX5 in mid October. Anyone know what happens to your existing account for map updates and live traffic subscription as I don't want the new owner of my existing car to use my email address and password for map updates etc? I presume that I could create a new email address and password for my new CX5? I did send an email to the Mazda handsfree site using their web form last week and received no reply.
I also asked the dealer but I don't think they understood the question as they kept talking about the MyMazda application and that my existing details would be wiped clean for the new owner of my car.

All the Uk models with a + have passed the WLTP test already so should be no problem ordering one, with a VW car it is as they have too many engine options and long delivery delays.

Have you driven the 184ps car, if so what did you think.

The test drive was in a manual petrol version which was too sluggish and made me decide to carry on with the diesel auto albeit the 150hp version. The hills and windy roads on the Isle of Wight are very good for an all day test drive. The SEL Nav+ version is ok for me and the 184ps car is not available in that trim level. I have no towing requirements and I've been able to surprise a few BMW and Audi cars with the acceleration! I was actually wondering whether to jump ship to a Pug 3008 but the one I saw a year old had foam stuffing coming out driver seat base which had burst the stitching between the bolster and seat base. A plastic panel under the steering wheel was falling off with 20,000 miles on the clock. They'd actually "prepped" it for sale with the glossy tyre shine etc. The peugeot dealer on the IOW did not have a new one to test drive so that was that. Apparently there is a shortage due to the WLTP regs and Peugeot do not seem very well prepared. At least Mazda are on the ball.

My new Mazda is in Zeebrugge already so should be available by end of September.

Last edited:
The test drive was in a manual petrol version which was too sluggish and made me decide to carry on with the diesel auto albeit the 150hp version. The hills and windy roads on the Isle of Wight are very good for an all day test drive. The SEL Nav+ version is ok for me and the 184ps car is not available in that trim level. I have no towing requirements and I've been able to surprise a few BMW and Audi cars with the acceleration! I was actually wondering whether to jump ship to a Pug 3008 but the one I saw a year old had foam stuffing coming out driver seat base which had burst the stitching between the bolster and seat base. A plastic panel under the steering wheel was falling off with 20,000 miles on the clock. They'd actually "prepped" it for sale with the glossy tyre shine etc. The peugeot dealer on the IOW did not have a new one to test drive so that was that. Apparently there is a shortage due to the WLTP regs and Peugeot do not seem very well prepared. At least Mazda are on the ball.

My new Mazda is in Zeebrugge already so should be available by end of September.

Congrats on your new car! I've just ordered mine too last week - dealer said mine would be available "late September" and even showed me the computer indicating that.

Did you find out the location of your car (the fact that it was in Zeebrugge) via the dealer or did you find out in some other manner?

Congrats on your new car! I've just ordered mine too last week - dealer said mine would be available "late September" and even showed me the computer indicating that.

Did you find out the location of your car (the fact that it was in Zeebrugge) via the dealer or did you find out in some other manner?

Hi

The dealer told me. For practical reasons on my side I can't actually pick up until mid October(sad2)

Back