UK (Brits) New 2017 model thread, or fancy a second cuppa?

Has anybody else had misting over on the inside of a rear indicator light in the last few days?

oh, not this s*** again.
my 2005 RX-8 (and pretty much all RX-8's) had problems with moisture getting into the rear tail lights. At first Mazda replaced them under warranty then they just started replacing the gaskets and in their final TSB they basically said, 'performing as intended, no repairs needed.' **bangs head on desk**

I'd have thought in the 12 years since I bought that car Mazda would have learned to properly seal taillights. Hopefully they fix this once and for all and you guys don't have to go through what we went though with the aqua taillight mod.

Yes, the maps are updated as from dec., 7.

See attached pic, courtesy of the German forum.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 134
Yes, the maps are updated as from dec., 7.

See attached pic, courtesy of the German forum.

You beat me to it. Just found updated maps and downloading. It looks like you get email notifications of new maps? I don't so what did you do to receive them?

Last edited:
No, I do not get email notifications - apparently that "feature" is reserved to our German friends? As stated : pic is a courtesy of the German forum.

Mine cost 300 two years ago, which includes 3 services.

Prior to that I was paying around 180 for a first service, in 2014.

That's one of the things that spoils the MZD nav , you can't really customise it to your preferences unlike other navs I've had.
Even the tomtom could be modded.

My 2009 Xtrail nav was brilliant compared to both Mazda systems IMO. And was trouble free.

That's one of the things that spoils the MZD nav , you can't really customise it to your preferences unlike other navs I've had.
Even the tomtom could be modded.

My 2009 Xtrail nav was brilliant compared to both Mazda systems IMO. And was trouble free.

Whilst not having had an Xtrail, I get what you are saying.

As much as I moaned about Tomtom in the early days - I bloody miss it!

Alex.

Quick question for any UK owners; i recently upgraded from a 2016.5 petrol sport nav to the 2017 equivelant. Despite reading that the fuel tank size is the same (56 litres) i'm getting up to 50 miles less per tank. I've gone fro 410/420 down to 367.

mpg wise i'm in the same zone (35 - 36). The mix of driving is similar (70% motorway/30% urban) and the payload is the same (me, plus a few bits in the boot). i-stop is working correctly too.

The only explaination i can think of is that the car is around 3 weeks old and still "breaking in". Any thoughts?

Yup.

My petrol 2.5 L used quite some fuel during the break-in period; I used "Honest John's" (British!) method to carefully break-in the engine and I saw the mpg increasing, especially after 3.000 km.
From 10 Liters/100 km I went down to 8.5 Liters/100 km, so with your 2.0 you should even do better.

Last edited:
I nearly put this in the Infotainment section but as this is specific to Brits and UK Postcodes thought more appropriate in here.

The latest Infotainment, not the Tomtom nav: Has anyone tried Worcester postcodes, and if so what do you get? They all start with the first two letters WR, however as soon as I put in the WR it defaults to Wrexham.

Example; Webbs of Wychbold garden centre with an excellent restaurant just outside Driotwich one mile off the M5. Post code is WR9 0DG which should be part of the Worcester area. It gives you Wrexham in Wales and the whole of the Wrexham area is LL.

Alex

Back