UK (Brits) New 2017 model thread, or fancy a second cuppa?

I no longer bother most of the time with the wifi traffic, its too inaccurate and unreliable, and I've got three years subscription. !
TT also had more options than the newer system.

Can't fault the operation of the 2015 CC however.

Keep up the honest comments, appreciated.

Having both endured and enjoyed TomTom NB1 on the previous CX-5 here's a few observations on the Mazda "Infotainment" sat-nav system. I'm not sure if this one is the same as been fitted since TomTom was kicked into touch about 3 years ago - looks identical, but here goes.

Live traffic seems a bit of a gamble, on the A303 Westbound just after "Solstice Park" two lanes merge into one, and quite often queues and this is a well known pinch-point, was held up approx 15 minutes but no mention of any congestion. However was suggested several times further along the A303 today of traffic congestion but failed to say where they might be on the route, and transpired they didn't even exist. One might have came to light when I got to "Podimore Roundabout" by Yeovilton as showed queuing traffic which I guess this was probably in anticipation of Glastonbury Festival traffic, but despite that, nothing there! I have set up using Wi-Fi as well, plus my phone (blue-tooth) is fully enabled.

Announcement volume, can be turned down to zero, no voice mute seems available, but then every time an instruction needed to be passed on even though volume set to minimum the r/h speaker would still mute the radio/usb but of course no narrative. Love the diction from the announcer though, for example when setting volume she tells us something like "Your announcements will now be at this Vol-Yoooom!" Additionally if volume (Vol-Yooom) set to minimum no announcements at all regards speed cameras or if exceeding the speed limit, and the r/h speaker still expects something to be said as it then shuts off the music in anticipation to deliver the announcement.

When playing tracks on USB no indication at all which track number from an album, consequently select an album and will repeat the whole album until you realise that you heard this track some time ago, doesn't even trip into the next album on file either. So a bit like a CD player really, and on a loop, I'll get used to it I guess.

Cruise control; nowhere near as driver friendly as the earlier one. No more the green symbol in the speedo binnacle which turns to amber when temporarily disabled by braking or cancel, now there is a tiny little symbol within the right hand display which is buried amongst several other numbers including the speed you've set, average fuel, temperature etc and all that depicts whether is active is the "" image above left to the figure of your pre-set speed. If you knock off cruise, symbol disappears, may as well not even be there as the feel of the car tells you and a bit dangerous trying to look for it. To activate cruise you need to toggle on the same rocker button between max speed or the speed you wish to set cruise, and when driving it is near impossible to ascertain what symbol is what, plus that one dial isn't so brightly lit as the speedo & tachometer. If wearing sun-glasses then barely able to read anything within that display. To temporarily cancel cruise you can operate the same rocker switch down, but on the odd occasion will disable altogether and you have to fully re-set.

Just a few little idiosyncrasies which I'll get used to because the car is so much better, and I thought the outgoing model was unbeatable.

To be continued..........

Alex.

Another annoyance with the Infotainment system (you can see where my priorities lie on this car thus far) being the main thing as far as I can see where they have not improved upon with the new model, in fact to me a retrograde step!

You cannot turn the entertainment OFF, only MUTE.

So what you may think?

However - if playing a track on USB/CD it does just what it says & mute is what you get, meaning the track carries on silently in the background. If I'm in city traffic and want to concentrate, or if there is a conversation in the car, turn off the sound system and resume later from same place so you would hope, no we have moved on to whatever point you happen to be when you de-select mute and resume sound.

Alex.

Just about the same as the 2013 car, but with a speed limiter included, which I have never used.

XTrailman; the 2015 CC is that the same as the 2012 CC or similar to the set-up as described on mine?

Alex.

Just about the same as the 2013 car, but with a speed limiter included, which I have never used.

Never used mine either.

Incidentally, I know we've debated this previously but I had a good study of a US 2017 spare wheel well and I reckon a full size spare will fit order the boot floor or very close to it. I will have a definitive answer very soon but I know it worked on my old CX-3.

IMG_3403_zps0xw1vtmf.jpg

Hasn't anybody installed Android Auto?

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Whilst not having installed Android Auto, I have had experience of using Android Auto in a hired Vauxhall (GM, Opel) Mokka X. To be frank I prefer the MZD system as it is and I think Android Auto is overrated - (At least in this car).

Negative

More often then not the car system did not recognise the phone was connected by USB (Samsung Galaxy S7).
You have to sell your complete soul to Google to grant permission to everything before it does work.
The directions screen takes up too much of the map real estate on the screen.
No speed camera warnings - (Unless there is an add on that I don't know about)
The female UK voice is horrible and sounds like a screaming banshee.
The commentary is laggy e.g you are told to exit the roundabout after you have already done it a few seconds ago
Mickey Mouse cartoon graphics.
Complaints in the comments section of Google Play about the app. (The grass is not always greener)

Positive
Map seemed up to date

The conclusion is that I can wait until the app matures.

To answer your original question, you can't install anything unofficial on the latest 59.00.502 firmware as Mazda have locked down the firmware and eliminated "security holes" which won't allow AIO tweaks to be installed.

Jonno21

Last edited:
Hi Anchorman

Any news/opinions on your new car yet as it was due on the 7th?

To answer your original question, you can't install anything unofficial on the latest 59.00.502 firmware as Mazda have locked down the firmware and eliminated "security holes" which won't allow AIO tweaks to be installed.

Do you know as of what build date this firmware applies to?

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

If I'm in city traffic and want to concentrate, or if there is a conversation in the car, turn off the sound system and resume later from same place so you would hope, no we have moved on to whatever point you happen to be when you de-select mute and resume sound.
Move the cursor to the pause tab using the commander, and use a press of the commander knob to pause/play. Not an ideal solution, but it'll work.

Hi Anchorman

Hi Anchorman

Yes, it came on Thursday actually - I've posted pictures in a separate thread.

Observations.

It's not regenerated yet at about 120 miles so it might do better on fuel when it's run in. It's very smooth and quiet. I'm trying to work out if the seat is any more comfortable as I hate bolstered seats . It's bolstered a bit which I think might get used to. They've allegedly designed an ergonomic steering wheel but I don't get it. There is a ridge on the front which I find uncomfortable and my thumb overlaps the controls which extend too far out. Still no drive away locking for goodness sake. All auto window switches and all illuminated which is nice - even the button for the back door liftgate is illuminated. They've spoiled the set up of the front and rear parking sensors. On the 2016.5, the rears were auto and the fronts would automatically switch in after reverse up until 5mph. The new one has to be switched on but the fronts stay on so they beep on narrrow lanes! I'm being hyper fussy and so far everything else is good. Any questions, fire away.

Will review it Jonno - bear with me!

Sorry Anchorman, I didn't mean to rush you. I think I can say on behalf of the members here that we value your opinion on this forum as you seem to have good technical background knowledge, a lot of common sense views and a depth of knowledge about Mazda that we mere mortals do not have. Take your time. I would rather have well considered opinions than a rush job. (bow)

Back