UK (Brits) New 2017 model thread, or fancy a second cuppa?

:
2017 CX-5 2.2D Nav Eternal Blue Mica
There is an excellent thread on this site "How many Brits Fancy a Cuppa? I have made some friends who share experiences on the other thread and hopefully they can contribute as well should they buy the new 2017 version.

What I don't want to do is devalue the other thread at all, but as there new 2017 (not a facelift) model is about to hit our roads I think a new thread is going to be more pertinent.

There will be some of us second time around, but a lot who will be buying a CX-5 for the first time and don't want to read my rants about the Tomtom live traffic from 2013, clock being in the wrong place, no vents for the rear passengers, crank/bearing failures, recalls from 2013 or oil dilution issues etc. A lot of minor niggles from the old one will possibly roll over, but I think it is time the new model gets a new page.

So here goes....

I've only gone & done it! Yes took a test drive yesterday (Sun 11 June) with absolutely no intention of replacing my car, but took a test drive. After having had auto for years tried the manual, liked the hill assist and loved the electronic handbrake, ordered one - in manual. The gap between manual & auto is so small on this one I decided to save 1500.

I've gone for the AWD auto again in Soul Red Crystal and white interior. I could have just about managed with the FWD but the wife has taken to auto and it's half hers anyway although she doesn't drive it much. I would have loved the 2.5 petrol given the current media dirty diesel campaign. I like the Mazda manual box. It's like a hot knife through butter and the clutch is light so I get why you have ordered one. Did you get any discount or extras?

I've gone for the AWD auto again in Soul Red Crystal and white interior. I could have just about managed with the FWD but the wife has taken to auto and it's half hers anyway although she doesn't drive it much. I would have loved the 2.5 petrol given the current media dirty diesel campaign. I like the Mazda manual box. It's like a hot knife through butter and the clutch is light so I get why you have ordered one. Did you get any discount or extras?

Extras, but it was bit like a Double Glazing pitch where "these are only available if you sign up today" which automatically raised my barriers. Offers were 3 years servicing automatically included, and 0% finance over three years and not PCP either, so on Month 37 car is yours. I normally pay "cash" but in this instance the thought of not taking a huge chunk out of capital really appealed.

This time it is "Eternal Blue" but I did love the "Soul Red Crystal" but the price difference didn't justify. Didn't bother with the "cleaning/polishing kit and there was some bodywork protection damage (not Gap) which I declined.

No waiting list either, last time I looked at it in April, test driven & ordered in June, collected September 2012.

Is this the, diesel variant?

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Diesel version yes, both with my outgoing and new purchase. There were some dilution issues on the 2012/2013 version which was sorted with a mod, and I never had a problem in any case. Hence my rationale of a new thread which puts earlier issues behind those reading this thread out of interest and regarding the 2017 model.

There may be some cross-over issues (pun intended) but new model I think deserves a fresh start.

Alex

Mine has just been stolen so I'm glad I've got GAP. I strongly recommend it.

I'm not convinced the red is worth the money but the wife likes it so that's that. I was meaning extras like mats and mud flaps etc. However, do you mind me asking which dealer is offering 3 years interest free? So you put a deposit down and pay the balance over 3 years?

Mine has just been stolen so I'm glad I've got GAP. I strongly recommend it.

I'm not convinced the red is worth the money but the wife likes it so that's that. I was meaning extras like mats and mud flaps etc. However, do you mind me asking which dealer is offering 3 years interest free? So you put a deposit down and pay the balance over 3 years?

Your car was stolen? Sad to hear that - do you have any hopes of recovering anything? How does this go, is it easy to steal?

Your car was stolen? Sad to hear that - do you have any hopes of recovering anything? How does this go, is it easy to steal?

You better hope not to get it back because, if the cops find it, you'll have to go recover it whatever state it's in.

Diesel version yes, both with my outgoing and new purchase. There were some dilution issues on the 2012/2013 version which was sorted with a mod, and I never had a problem in any case. Hence my rationale of a new thread which puts earlier issues behind those reading this thread out of interest and regarding the 2017 model.

There may be some cross-over issues (pun intended) but new model I think deserves a fresh start.

Alex
Are you not much into long drives? I mean at least 30 minutes to 1 hour drive? I know it has something to do with the DPF.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

You better hope not to get it back because, if the cops find it, you'll have to go recover it whatever state it's in.

Plus who knows what the thieves did to it if they do find it.

Also, *reads thread title*, what's a "cuppa"?

"Cuppa" is a cup-of-tea, British thing.

Dealer, my local dealer Taunton Somerset "Eden Mazda" but supposedly a one day deal. Deposit 50% then the rest over 36 months. Value of the trade-in covers most of the deposit, plus they offered me more than a Hyundai dealer.

DPF for diesel supposedly likes a long run with a quick blast every now and then, yet most of my trips will be from one side of the village to the golf course on the other side. Never given me a problem but I do get in a long journey whenever I can.

UK Press Release on 2017 CX-5

Just found the attached. Managed to wade through all 9,995 words according to Microsoft Word. I've converted it to PDF for ease of download etc. No mention of DEF (Adblue) for the diesel.

Attachments

• Mazda CX-5 Press Pack.pdf
    373 KB · Views: 630

I know, they've made an offer but GAP say it's too low - surprise, surprise. Knowing my luck they'll find it trashed while the insurance companies are arguing and want to repair it.

I know, they've made an offer but GAP say it's too low - surprise, surprise. Knowing my luck they'll find it trashed while the insurance companies are arguing and want to repair it.

Really sorry to hear this has happened. :(

Did you guys who have ordered a new one get any discount or just a few freebies. I understand that you can get discount of around 10pc or 3000

A 3000 discount would still put the price to replace mine over 30000 OTR. No sure I want to pay that for a Mazda.

At any rate it will be at least 18 months before I start looking. Surprised the CX-5 has been stolen, I wouldn't have thought they were that desirable with all the other prestige cars around.

I hope you enjoy the new car Alex, and I think the new thread is a good idea, hopefully the latest version will be fault free.

Just found the attached. Managed to wade through all 9,995 words according to Microsoft Word. I've converted it to PDF for ease of download etc. No mention of DEF (Adblue) for the diesel.

Just tried a search on the PDF file, (CtrlF) and as you say no mention of "Adblue" and coincidentally the guy who accompanied me on the test drive - who was not a salesman but a senior member of Mazda staff who was sent down for the day from H/O, and he actually said that Mazda are proud to say that unlike some of the competition "Adblue" is not needed. He went on to tell me the properties and origins of the product.

Under the bonnet, not a lot seems to have changed.

One thing, the steering seems to be better (not that there was anything wrong before) and the road rolling noise was greatly reduced.

I love the one I currently have, but this one has a few good refinements.

Alex.

Back