UK (Brits) New 2017 model thread, or fancy a second cuppa?

What discounts are being offered on the new basic model for cash and no P/X and what is delivery time if not in stock anywhere?
Thanks

Go on car wow and get a price then take that price to your local dealer. They’ve got most models and colours in the distribution centre in Zeebrugge. They take about 10 days from there. If you are unlucky the lead time from Japan is about 10-12 weeks. I can get you a good discount from my local dealer.

Anchorman

Go on car wow and get a price then take that price to your local dealer. Theyve got most models and colours in the distribution centre in Zeebrugge. They take about 10 days from there. If you are unlucky the lead time from Japan is about 10-12 weeks. I can get you a good discount from my local dealer.

Thanks Anchorman, I will have a go at that.

Hi all,
New to the forum and new to the brand. My wife collected a new leased 2018 Sport Nav 2.0 petrol 10days ago. Took it to Derbyshire for a weeks holiday last week so put 700 miles on it fairly smartish. She has come from a 1.6 petrol turbo Nissan Juke.
It will only do abt 8k miles/year and 3 days each week it will travel 1.5 miles to work car park and then 1.5 miles back. Supermarket is 1.5 miles in other direction and travel into the city for shops is stop-start nose to tail crawl all the way (20 mins) so felt a petrol more suitable for this than a diesel - is this a good move or not??? Wife was adamant she wanted petrol and to be fair has only ever had petrol cars. Only the 2.0 n/a petrol in UK of course.
Initial thoughts are that it is a nicely appointed car and Mazda have worked hard on refinement with the Mk 2 version. Its no racing car 0-60 (i dare not take it above 3000rpm at the moment despite dealer insisting it loved revs - but seems a bit alien in an suv). Once up to speed it cruises well and quietly at 2500rpm at 70mph. I have a turbo-diesel myself and like the low-down grunt of such engines but my car doesnt do short journeys.
I have an initial question pls - is it possible to see/hear a warning when i have gone above the speed limit by say 3mph? I can see how to set a warning when I have gone above a set speed but cannot find how do do it with variable speed limits. It does not have the optional safety pack, is the feature i am trying to find only possible with the extra cost safety pack?
Thx in anticipation for your assistance.

Just set the speed warning in settings, I use the audible option, in practice the warning appears to come on when you exceed the true speed not the speedo indication.

And don't worry about holding back on the revs, you don't need to run in modern engines.

Just set the speed warning in settings, I use the audible option, in practice the warning appears to come on when you exceed the true speed not the speedo indication.

And don't worry about holding back on the revs, you don't need to run in modern engines.

Thanks xtrailman, will try it again. Must be same Xtrailman as on the he CT forum surely?

I’m thinking of getting a dashcam or even one with a separate camera in the rear window. Has anybody any recommendations for the kit? (I would have it fitted by an auto electrician)
Thanks

I’m thinking of getting a dashcam or even one with a separate camera in the rear window. Has anybody any recommendations for the kit? (I would have it fitted by an auto electrician)
Thanks
I think most mainstream dashcams would fit the CX-5 well. Just go with where quality and budget permits.

So I've just returned a 2017 sport 175ps AWD auto after using it for the day.

First thing I noticed is how quiet it is on tick over, couldn't hear the engine running at all, and the central locking is also quiet, both compared to my 2015 uk car.
Inside is ok but didn't really have a wow factor, I'm not impressed with the pop up nav, screen just looks smaller to me, and I noticed no improvement with the screen resolution.

Outside I'm not sold on the front pointy nose or the rear, best view is the side, although the wife thinks the windows are now narrower? And that lower joint on the front chrome work just looks cheap, even the wife pointed it out.

The car had the safety pack and radar CC, I had to turn the lane assist off as I couldn't put up the constant steering corrections!

On the positive side the car does feel like there is more lowdown torque, full throttle made the car lively for a second, while my car just handles it. The fuel economy also has the potential to be better, I had an average of 48mpg on the average readout, so a real reading of 46.5mpg after allowing for the over read. I say potential as the car didn't have a DPF burn while I had it, or it went unnoticed.
My car over the same roads showed an average of 43 mpg.

I really like the HUD, I feel its a real plus to have it. And the interior Leds are noticeable, also really like the Mazda logo lighting up the floor when the door was opened.

In conclusion a day isn't enough to draw any real conclusions, but its enough for me to retain my car for another year or two, without me thinking that I'm missing out.

Anchorman I did ask if they was any updates for the ECU, but got the usual "we didn't find any but will make enquires".

ps. the car also had an annoying intermittent vibration type noise, to me it sound like it was the passenger side, to the wife she said it was my side!

Last edited:
Sat-Nav "Live Traffic" still crap, still not real-time still not Live. What were they thinking when they introduced this?

Joined a queue of Stationary traffic on A358 two miles from Junction 25 M5. No mention on "Live Traffic" and my phone is enabled as a hot-spot. Took my own diversion through the lanes and as I crossed the M5 a couple of times I saw northbound was stopped on the motorway. The M5 Northbound was supposed to have been part of my journey for one junction hop.

I went into the neighbouring town (Taunton) to take a rest break in a superstore & use the toilet. Looked on my phone and M5 Closed due to three accidents Northbound. Had a coffee, checked the app on my phone - still closed. Neighbouring roads were now gridlocked, yet my nav still tried to send me via M5 WHICH WAS CLOSED! I drove home over the Quantock Hills, well away from any traffic and national Radio 2 was advising M5 closed; my sat-nav was trying to turn me round until I cancelled my trip on the screen.

Another time, was travelling to Poole in Dorset and from Yeovil Somerset I would normally drive around Dorchester on the A37 passing Poundbury. As I was nearing Dorchester saw signs advising "Trinity Street Closed" not knowing Dorchester itself meant nothing to me, so I plodded on. Guess what bloody useless bit of kit took me into the centre of Dorchester and all the way to the road closed barriers. I wondered why I had the town to myself. Absolutely no mention whatsoever of the road closure and it was clear this was a long-term closure due to roadworks.

Bring back Tomtom all is forgiven at least in the end it worked well, this is as useful as an ash-tray on a motorbike.

Oh, and happy Christmas (Bah Humbug)

Alex.

Back