2017 CX-9 Daytime Running Lights question

Danilius

:
2017 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Hi guys,

I have a 2017 CX-9 with automatic headlights. I'm concerned if my daytime running lights are working correctly. When I turn the knob to "off" position, the DRL should turn on when driving. The lights turn on, and look almost identical as when the knob is at the "headlights" position, but a little dimmer. When I look the the google images of the DRL for the new CX-9, it seems as only the contour of the round headlights is lit, and not inside.
Can anyone suggest what going on? Should I go to the dealer, or this is normal? Thanks.

P.S. I'm attaching 3 images:
"google lights" - pic from google
"headlights" - with knob turned to headlight symbol
"DLR" - with knob turned to "OFF" position (pic was taken in drive mode)

Attachments

• GOOGLE LIGHTS.jpg
    GOOGLE LIGHTS.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,533
  • HEADLIGHTS.jpg
    HEADLIGHTS.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,254
  • DRL.jpg
    DRL.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,286
Hey - the GT & Signature have slightly different headlights then the GS/GS-L (this is canada trim levels, not sure about the US). Only the GT/Signature have the headlights like you shared with the "ring". the GS/GS-L have one light used for both and i think it is just dimmer when used as DRL as you've noticed...

In Australia only the top of the line Azami has the led DRL...
Typical Japanese to be honest... Every model should have it like the grand Cherokee does.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I have a 2017 CX-9 with automatic headlights. I'm concerned if my daytime running lights are working correctly. When I turn the knob to "off" position, the DRL should turn on when driving. The lights turn on, and look almost identical as when the knob is at the "headlights" position, but a little dimmer. When I look the the google images of the DRL for the new CX-9, it seems as only the contour of the round headlights is lit, and not inside.
Can anyone suggest what going on? Should I go to the dealer, or this is normal? Thanks.

Something is wrong if your 2 & 3 pics are the same. DRL should be like the Google image. I'd make an appointment at the dealer if this is happening.

Something is wrong if your 2 & 3 pics are the same. DRL should be like the Google image. I'd make an appointment at the dealer if this is happening.

Actually for Sport and Touring, it should not look like the Google image. Only the GT and Signature have the LED ring DRL's. Note how on this one there is a silver ring where the LED ring is in the GT version. For Sport/Touring the DRL is just a barely dimmer version of the headlight. I have the Touring and mine does look like this as well, and I too was disappointed when I realized only the GT had the better DRL's.

Hi guys,

I have the "trim" GT version in Mexico and have the lights justs like your google pic.

I have a Touring w. premium package. So looks like Dodgerfan356 is correct that only GT and Sign. have this feature.

Back