4WD Light on all the time

dhayes16

:
Mazda CX9
Hello All.
I have a 2010 CX9 Grand Touring. 123K Miles on it. At about 95K miles I fell victim to the cracked transfer case issue. To Mazda's credit they replaced the case even though the extended warranty for this issue was 90K. However, now my 4WD light is on solid. I took it into a guy who has been working on my car for the last couple years and he told me "Start shopping". I guess there is a wire going into the rear diff (or transfer case) that broke off. We are in the North East so perhaps it is corrosion. Anyway, he said the wire can not be replaced/fixed and the part needs to be replaced. He estimated about $2K for that (part and labor). Plus my rear bearings need replacing on the one side and the rear brakes are down to nothing. So I am in a quandary as to where I should fix this thing. I am a little bummed at the issues I have had with this CX9. I was hoping to get many more miles out of it. But it seems more logical to just get another vehicle.

Does this sound like a common issue others have been having?

Thanks
Dave

you can always ask your mechanic to try to do the same thing, with the picture he might be able to do it.

Thanks Puma...I might actually do that. The one mechanic I took it to would not but I have a new guy who might be able to do it. I also heard people going to junk yards to get parts like this. My situation is that I need a rear bearing, new brakes as well as this part so I guess I need to decide if it is worth fixing. It has 123K on it but new tires and the replaced transfer case. It really does run well.

Again THANKS

Back