bent and/or warped wheels

cdnballer

:
2012 Mazda5 GS w/ Convenience package
Hi all,

haven't posted in long time. Wheels in my 2012 Mazda 5 are bent (2 of em). Steering wheel shakes quite a bit at highway speeds. Already paid to balance twice and didn't solve issue so need new wheels.

Any recommendations for aftermarket wheels? Dealer wants $480 / OEM wheel which is insane. Mine's 16 inch.

Willing to spend a little so I don't end up with super cheap set but don't wanna go crazy either. I live in Toronto area (Aurora / Newmarket just North of city)/

Thanks in advance!

lol screw that place.

Mazdaspeed 3 wheels look OK on a 5. RX-8 wheels look pretty nice...Have you checked the Mazda5 wheel thread? I'm sure all your questions will be answered there

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123655878-Mazda5-Wheel-Fitment-amp-Photo-Guide

Yup I checked it out. A lot of the posts are 17 and 18's to make the car look sexier. I just need a basic 16 inch wheel strong enough not to get dented or damaged again so easily and fits without use of hub spacer or wheel spacer. Unfortunately I have no budget to go for sexy wheels

I'm just saying, a used set of OEM Mazda wheels will most likely be stronger, cheaper and lighter than a set of new cheap aftermarket ones. If you looked over that thread you know that RX-8 wheels fit with no spacer or roll. Just buy the right sized tires and put 'em on.

See if you can find a set of halfway decent wheels for less than 375 shipped.
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Thanks guys. I'll explore rx8 and miata wheels. I just put new tires on current set so I'm stuck with wheels which fit exactly the same

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

When the tire shop puts the wheel on the balance machine, they should detect the bent rim.

I see you are in the rust belt, I am wondering if it is rust jack occurring at the mating surface between the rotor and hub.

Because it is a wheel/rotor/hub sandwich, if the Rotor to hub mounting surface is rusty, or debris falls in during a wheel removal, it will not allow the rotor to be mounted properly flat against the hub, and then when the wheel is then fastened to the rotor, the wheel and tire will not be true.

The fix is to remove the wheel, pull off the rotor, and inspect/clean the rotor/hub mounting surfaces.

Do you have 4 bent rims or two?
Swap back to front if only two to confirm it is the rims.
You can also put spare tire to basically find which single rim is bent.

Do you have 4 bent rims or two?
Swap back to front if only two to confirm it is the rims.
You can also put spare tire to basically find which single rim is bent.
Two of the wheels are bent. Ideally I WA t to find two identical OE wheels and replace them but it is very hard to find so I figured changing all four is easier

I had the same issue about 4 years back... hit a huge pothole at speed and bent two rims. My local tire shop... think it was a Kal Tire in Vancouver was able to fix them for, I think, around $100 - $150 per wheel. The fixed rims are still great today. Some aren't fixable but call some local shops... I think mine would bring in a guy that did it. It was great actually because he also fixed the curb rash and they looked brand new!! Good luck!

I had the same issue on my MS3 so I went with one of the Drag wheels from Discount Tire. Inexpensive and they run true and look pretty good too. Mine are 18".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ended up getting a set of jdm wheels for 540 installed. Not the best looking wheels but good enough. Thanks for all your input guys!

Back