XM on cx-5 touring installs?

htj

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Has anybody here installed an after-market XM receiver on their 2016? I have an onyx plus ready to go, but was curious to see if anyone else has done it and how they've mounted it before i use the adhesive mount.

I've done it, we mounted the antenna under the center grille as I don't have the bose... It works well except when under trees / overhangs which is to be expected... I've heard others mounting to the dash board up near the windshield with the cable coming from the center grille area.. they apparently get a bit better reception... I personally hate the little tumor look of the antenna on the outside of the car.

I've done it, we mounted the antenna under the center grille as I don't have the bose... It works well except when under trees / overhangs which is to be expected... I've heard others mounting to the dash board up near the windshield with the cable coming from the center grille area.. they apparently get a bit better reception... I personally hate the little tumor look of the antenna on the outside of the car.

Interesting. I wasn't too worried about the antenna, so put it on the outside, near the sharkfin. Where did you put the receiver itself? I think i'm going to go down by the usb ports on the adhesive mount that comes w/ the onyx.

As far as reception, XM can be so hit or miss. It worked great on my 2008 g35 for 8 years, and recently has been horrible in certain areas where it's getting interface from (i believe) cell towers.

Back