Smoky exhaust

Sparker1964

:
Mazda CX-5 2014
A little help (and maybe solidarity) please?

I have a CX-5 SE-L Nav 2.2D on a 63 plate (Feb 2014) My turbocharger went (what??? at that age???) and Mazda did honour the job. Took it to Arnold Clark in Liverpool (if you can avoid..dont go!) who eventually replaced the turbo and as far as I am aware change the cam shaft too.

Since then, I've noticed that there is a white smelly smoke out of the back (from time to time) and a small loss of power.

I'm thinking they haven't done the job properly. Perhaps haven't seated the turbo correctly and the seal is slightly askew?

Also... the TPMS system went haywire... said the TPMS needed inspection...when there was no prob with the tyres...as well as the SCBS..same thing.. no prob with it...wasn't able to set the cruise control while this came on. Turned engine off.. waited a mo.. fired up again..and the prob disappeared..then returned... Did a software update and now its just the TPMS alarm that comes on after about 10km on the motorway.. (it doesn't say "TPMS needs inspection"..it just goes off as if there is a partial deflation of the tyres...but there isn't) so maybe the motorway speed is warming the tyres up too much?

Any ideas lads and lasses?

Tony.

If that white smelly smoke smells of diesel it's probably doing a regen to clean the exhaust filter. It does it by spraying neat diesel into the exhaust. The turbo develops very high pressure so if it leaks sometimes, it would leak all the time. The TPMS can be temperamental and they have redesigned it on the new model. You might have to persevere with that. A word of warning, if you attempt to reset it more than twice it will lock itself down and only the dealer can unlock it.

Back