May 2017 Sales Thread

:
16 CX-5 Tour'ngAWD
I haven't seen anything like this on here and I think people who frequent this site might like to see the information.

Information originally posted on The Car Lounge on 06-01-2017 09:33 AM

Mazda Reports May Sales
All-New Mazda CX-5 Posts Record Sales Month

IRVINE, Calif. (June 1, 2017) Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported May U.S. sales of 26,047 vehicles, representing a decrease of 7.9 percent versus May of last year. Year-to-date sales through May are up 0.1 percent versus last year, with 119,282 vehicles sold.

Key May sales notes:

*The Mazda CX-5 posted its best-ever May, with 11,819 vehicles sold, marking an increase of 18.9 percent year-over-year (YOY). This number includes a mix of remaining 2016.5 models and the all-new 2017 CX-5, which went on sale at the end of March.

*Momentum around the Mazda MX-5 continues, with the roadster posting a YOY increase of 22.6 percent in the month of May. Total sales, which includes both the MX-5 soft top and MX-5 RF, reached 1,226 vehicles sold in the month of May.

*Sales of the seven-passenger Mazda CX-9 rose 221.8 percent YOY with 1,982 vehicles sold in the month of May.

*Total sales of Mazdas CX crossover SUV line, including the CX-3, CX-5 and CX-9, were up 26.5 percent YOY with 15,338 vehicles sold in the month of May. Among CX buyers, Mazda customers continue to choose the AWD option, with 61 percent of CX-line vehicles sold in May being equipped with i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive.

Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported May sales of 4,209 vehicles, up 15 percent versus May of last year.

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/pre...rts-may-sales/

ahhh bugger...figured it was too good to be true...

anyway, it is always funny to see the ups and downs of vehicles says and how artificial, at times, the increase and/or decrease from month/year to month/year can make a vehicle look like it is doing extremely well or extremely poor, in terms of sales; example, the CX-9, up a whopping 221% from the previous year.

Who would venture to say that if Mazda offered one or two different colors that are not a Mica or pearl and lean toward the warm side of the rainbow rather than the cooler side, that sales of certain cars would be a bit higher.

When I venture onto my local Mazda dealer lot, the color pallet is rather drab and with some cars (cough) the MX-5, there are only 3 colors - black, white & soul red - and that does not give customers a great deal of choice when going to look at and "buy" the roadster. Yes, I know FIAT has some more interesting colors, but why does Mazda insist on dark/cool colors that make their lots look like winter days in Seattle?

IMO, the MX-5 color selection should look like a bag of Skittles.

Fully agree that more colors varieties are needed, instead of a bazillion greys and whites ;)

I haven't seen anything like this on here and I think people who frequent this site might like to see the information.

Information originally posted on The Car Lounge on 06-01-2017 09:33 AM

Mazda Reports May Sales
All-New Mazda CX-5 Posts Record Sales Month

And now for the bad news:https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/press-release/mazda-reports-may-sales/
Take a look at passenger car sales!

IRVINE, Calif. (June 1, 2017) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported May U.S. sales of 26,047 vehicles, representing a decrease of 7.9 percent versus May of last year. Year-to-date sales through May are up 0.1 percent versus last year, with 119,282 vehicles sold.

Key May sales notes:

*The Mazda CX-5 posted its best-ever May, with 11,819 vehicles sold, marking an increase of 18.9 percent year-over-year (YOY). This number includes a mix of remaining 2016.5 models and the all-new 2017 CX-5, which went on sale at the end of March.

*Momentum around the Mazda MX-5 continues, with the roadster posting a YOY increase of 22.6 percent in the month of May. Total sales, which includes both the MX-5 soft top and MX-5 RF, reached 1,226 vehicles sold in the month of May.

*Sales of the seven-passenger Mazda CX-9 rose 221.8 percent YOY with 1,982 vehicles sold in the month of May.

*Total sales of Mazda‘s CX crossover SUV line, including the CX-3, CX-5 and CX-9, were up 26.5 percent YOY with 15,338 vehicles sold in the month of May. Among CX buyers, Mazda customers continue to choose the AWD option, with 61 percent of CX-line vehicles sold in May being equipped with i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive.

Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported May sales of 4,209 vehicles, up 15 percent versus May of last year.

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/pre...rts-may-sales/
And now for the bad news:https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/press-release/mazda-reports-may-sales/
Take a look at passenger car sales!

2298 sales in May here in OZ land. Not too shabby considering entire vehicles sold was about 100,000

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

YOY sales are on the up for the SUV lineup which is good to see.

Passenger car sales are on the decline overall around the world as the popularity of crossovers is soaring so not surprising there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passenger car sales are on the decline overall around the world as the popularity of crossovers is soaring so not surprising there.

SUVs overtook passenger car sales earlier this year in Oz

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah, crossovers are taking over. Sales in May and Year To Date Increase/Decrease in the US:

Cars: 584,005 DOWN 11% YTD

Crossover: 449,046 UP 9% YTD

Pickups: 236,429 UP 4.1% YTD

Midsize SUV: 86,129 DOWN 1.1% YTD

Large SUV: 25,191 UP 15% YTD

Small SUV: 25,075 UP 5.7% YTD

Luxury SUV: 19,460 UP 1.7% YTD

That's 604,901 crossover and suv vs 584,005 cars.

http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html#autosalesC

Yeah, crossovers are taking over. Sales in May and Year To Date Increase/Decrease in the US:

Cars: 584,005 DOWN 11% YTD

Crossover: 449,046 UP 9% YTD

Pickups: 236,429 UP 4.1% YTD

Midsize SUV: 86,129 DOWN 1.1% YTD

Large SUV: 25,191 UP 15% YTD

Small SUV: 25,075 UP 5.7% YTD

Luxury SUV: 19,460 UP 1.7% YTD

That's 604,901 crossover and suv vs 584,005 cars.

http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html#autosalesC

Yeh. A lot of manufacturers are now trying to release more crossover models especially VW, Alfa, Peugeot. Mitsubishi, Nissan have more SUVs in their lineup than passenger cars. Lamborghini, Maserati now have an SUV model. This trend will continue for sometime yet and could be the future.

Back