Change my Oil and thought I was using Mazda Moly

:
2013 Mazda CX-5, 2.0 Manual Transmission, 1989 Mazda MX-6
I ordered some Mazda moly oil from Amazon and changed my oil yesterday. But I don't think this oil is Mazda Moly. I ordered 0000-G5-0w20-MT. But in small print and the bottom of the bottle is 0000-G5-0w20-QT. I am thinking the M in MT means Moly. And since I see I can get a bottle of the QT online for less than $6 a bottle its not moly.
So I just paid $110 for a case of oil that is worth about $60. Does anyone know if the QT is Mazda Moly? The first pic is what was on the Amazon page. The next two pics is what I received.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 5.13.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 5.13.38 PM.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,889
  • IMG_3263.JPG
    IMG_3263.JPG
    717.1 KB · Views: 1,973
  • IMG_3264.JPG
    IMG_3264.JPG
    779.3 KB · Views: 2,237
Last edited:
Doesn't look like it. If it was Moly I'm sure Moly would be plastered all over the label although the Moly picture also says GF5.
Probably Castrol with the Mazda label.

So either a simple mistake when shipping, or trying to pull on over on people. I am going to try to get $60 back, because I would have paid about $20 for a 5 quart bottle at a local store. Otherwise I can mail back at their expense what I have left. Which would not make sense.

It doesn't appear to be the "Special Mazda oil with Moly" Call them and get a refund. Ed

I ordered some Mazda moly oil from Amazon and changed my oil yesterday. But I don't think this oil is Mazda Moly. I ordered 0000-G5-0w20-MT. But in small print and the bottom of the bottle is 0000-G5-0w20-QT. I am thinking the M in MT means Moly. And since I see I can get a bottle of the QT online for less than $6 a bottle its not moly.
So I just paid $110 for a case of oil that is worth about $60. Does anyone know if the QT is Mazda Moly? The first pic is what was on the Amazon page. The next two pics is what I received.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mazda 0W-20 moly oil has part number 0000-G5-0W20-MQ and looks like this:

maz0w20moly-case.jpg

First time I saw that oil you received, must be a new oil for Mazda "Value Line" parts. It's still made by the same company Idemitsu.

It might be easier to buy Pennzoil or Mobil 1, and add LiquiMoly...
Then you can also put it in your lawnmower, tractor, boat, etc.

The LiquiMoly made a noticeable difference in how my mower runs in heavy, wet grass.

Didn't Mazda come out with an 0W-20 oil before the Moly? Looks like the earlier version. I bought a case of moly from the dealer for about $110 a few years back, so yeah, whatever it is that you bought you definitely paid too much.

It might be easier to buy Pennzoil or Mobil 1, and add LiquiMoly...
Then you can also put it in your lawnmower, tractor, boat, etc.

The LiquiMoly made a noticeable difference in how my mower runs in heavy, wet grass.

Yeah but I think there's a right proportion between moly and oil.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back