Upgrade A Sport Model?

seanof30306

:
Looking to buy a 2016 CX-5
OK, I've been thinking about a CX5 for awhile.

I really like the high-tech safety options.

* Rear view camera

* Blind spot monitoring

* Lane departure warning

* Lane keep assist

* Rear cross traffic alert

* Radar cruise control

So, a relative passed away, and left a small trust to be split among several beneficiaries. Included in the trust is a 2016 CX 5. It has 13,000 miles on it and is in great shape. None of the other beneficiaries want it, so if I don't take it, it will be sold, and the proceeds of the sale will be added to the trust, which will then be split equally among all the beneficiaries. To save time, commissions, etc, the trustee has offered it to me for $10,000 of my share of the trust.

If I choose to go that route, which of the options that I want that it doesn't have can I add through factory upgrades, or the aftermarket?

I don't think u can add those features through Mazda, after market , not sure.maybe u can take the car, and resell it for them 10k.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

None of those can be added.

All of those require substantial rewiring of the car and the addition of many things your car doesn't have such as sensors in the windshield, grill, rear fenders, etc for all the safety systems to work. The ECU would likely need to be changed, wiring harnesses, windshield, mirrors, quarter panels, etc. Basically, the cost to add those it would make more sense to sell the car and use the money to buy one that has all those items already, which I think for 16 was only the GT with i-active safety sense.

None of those can be added.

All of those require substantial rewiring of the car and the addition of many things your car doesn't have such as sensors in the windshield, grill, rear fenders, etc for all the safety systems to work. The ECU would likely need to be changed, wiring harnesses, windshield, mirrors, quarter panels, etc. Basically, the cost to add those it would make more sense to sell the car and use the money to buy one that has all those items already, which I think for 16 was only the GT with i-active safety sense.
You right. Maybe trade the car for 17 GT of u decided to take it.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I don't think those can be added to a Sport unfortunately.

If nothing else, maybe you can take it, sell it for more than that $10,000 part of the share (not sure what a Sport is worth, but seems like it'd be more than $10k to me with 13,000 miles?) and then use that money towards a GT.

Kbb will tell you what it is worth. In fairness you wont make more than 3K on it.
But its your choice. then you can spend it on whichever car you like.

Only upgrade on Sport that dealer will do for you might be some accessories like parking sensors. Otherwise its not possible to get BSM etc. Not worth it.
In all fairness I would trade my Touring with BSM / RCTA and Bose with you and pocket the difference. - If you let me keep my power seat.
If you do a private sale - maybe you can hit 15k usd in sale. Check Kbb.

For 10k I can't see that not being a win for you..14,8 kbb trade in vg condition. I'd take it and either trade for one with those features or sell outright..good luck and sorry for recent your loss.

I was about to tell you you messed up and stop being a cheapskate and you should have gotten the one you want initially.

That said, I read the post and totally understand the issue. Honestly? You'd come off better trading it in on a used cx5 with what you want. 10k is a good deal, so either way not bad. Maybe keep it a year and see if you even WANT a cx5, and then trade it, sell it outright...or you might find yourself keeping it.

Buy it for $10k, you can't go wrong. Drive it for a minute until you can find exactly what you want. You can't lose...Wish someone would offer me one today for $10k. I'd be whipping out the cash...

The one thing that I know can be added either from Mazda or aftermarket is the rear view camera. If it were me I would go after market and get all the other related goodies. Apple play, GPS, ETC.

Back