In Search Of An Elegant Phone Mount Solution....

Oh there is none. Then just go with a anti slip dash stand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got...That appears to be Australian version of the ClipPro product I mentioned. Do you have the magnetic part adhesed to the metal part of the bracket?
No. The Nikken bracket is meant to mount to a air con vent. I removed the air con Clip and used double sided tape to stick the nilkin to the click on bracket.

Also in Australia we have a genuine Mazda phone bracket which fits in the cup holder.
https://www.mazda.com.au/accessory/TC11ACMPH

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Until Mazda either includes Waze or Google Maps in the stock nav package or at least bakes in Apple Car Play/Android Auto many of us are stuck having to use our phones b/c the navigation and real time traffic are much better than any infotainment system (even those like Volvo, which has 'real time traffic' that is anything but).

I am in a 3 year leaser so I definitely don't want any of the mounts that require an adhesive to be stuck to the interior (they work I guess but I assume they do some damage) and suction cups, well, I hate the way the look and i think window mounts block the view a bit. Nor do I like the clips that fit onto the air vents (in my experience they fall off and also make the phone either very hot or very cold)

Has any tried the Proclip console mount specifically made for the MY 2016/17 CX-9? I'd just do the mount and would adhese onto that a magnetic holder (saving me from buying the other part of the proclip).

http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard...nsole-mount-835230-16530.cmsv?p_leftorright=0

But curious from those who have used this--is it too low? Does it interfere at all with the passenger (aka the wife 99% of the time for me)?

I use this WizGear magnet mount. Clips onto the air vent, and the thin metal piece goes inside your phone case. Best part is that there is no hassle to "mount" it--just put it next to the clip, and you are good to go. So if traffic is suddenly unexpectedly bad, not need to fuss with suction cups and spring clips:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I had this and would not recommend - the combination of the mount and the phone is too heavy and tilts the vents downward.
Also, when you pull the phone away. ,the magnet is so strong it pull the mount off the vent.

I was hopefully because the magnet mount worked great in my other card (except the adhesive), but did not works well for me.
This is because you are removing the phone the wrong way. You need to move the phone down instead.

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

This is because you are removing the phone the wrong way. You need to move the phone down instead.

No, that's not it. It's a combination of the fins on magnet not being long enough, vent slants not being deep, combined with a strong magnetic.
Sliding up or down during removable does not fix this.

Part of the issue is that there is tremendous variation in air vent structure, and so vent clip solutions are hit and miss.

Now, if you do an adhesive mounted based, the magnetic mounts work very well. But I'm not interested in marring the dash.

No. The Nikken bracket is meant to mount to a air con vent. I removed the air con Clip and used double sided tape to stick the nilkin to the click on bracket.

Also in Australia we have a genuine Mazda phone bracket which fits in the cup holder.
https://www.mazda.com.au/accessory/TC11ACMPH

It must be extra affectionate, because it fits "snuggly", not "snugly". (kiss)

No, that's not it. It's a combination of the fins on magnet not being long enough, vent slants not being deep, combined with a strong magnetic.
Sliding up or down during removable does not fix this.

Part of the issue is that there is tremendous variation in air vent structure, and so vent clip solutions are hit and miss.

Now, if you do an adhesive mounted based, the magnetic mounts work very well. But I'm not interested in marring the dash.
For me works perfect on the air vent. Fins on my magnets are long enough. My large edge s7 attach very well and don't even move with vibrations or bumps. And is easy removable by slide it down. We just love it.

Got...That appears to be Australian version of the ClipPro product I mentioned. Do you have the magnetic part adhesed to the metal part of the bracket?
I took the vent clip off and double sided the charge pad to the bracket mounting pad

Back