Battery replacement, then rough idle?

Bonedrivin

:
'14 Mazda 6 Touring w/ Tech - '05 Nissan Frontier LE v6
I had my car in today for mnt at dealer (oil change). I mentioned that it's been idling rough lately. His first question was if I had replaced the battery recently. I had. He then said that doing so reset some setting on the CPU that controlled the throttle. That the CPU opens the throttle more to compensate for carbon build up. Changing the battery caused it to reset to original settings, causing the rougher idle.

That sound right? Never heard of that before. I ended up paying for a decarb. Seemed to help a bit, but early to tell

I had my car in today for mnt at dealer (oil change). I mentioned that it's been idling rough lately. His first question was if I had replaced the battery recently. I had. He then said that doing so reset some setting on the CPU that controlled the throttle. That the CPU opens the throttle more to compensate for carbon build up. Changing the battery caused it to reset to original settings, causing the rougher idle.

That sound right? Never heard of that before. I ended up paying for a decarb. Seemed to help a bit, but early to tell

In the service manual there is a battery reset procedure you do when you change the battery out, however I can't see that being a reason for a rough idle.

removing your battery and replacing it causes the ECU to reset. the rough idle should go away soon

Latest posts

Back