Front Passenger Door Rattle/Squeak

Petrucci914

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD
Hello Everyone,

2016 CX-5 Touring AWD
13K Miles

For the past few months my front passenger door has been emitting an intermittent rattle/squeak sound at speeds over 40MPH. It seems to be worse on bumpy terrain or windy days. Sometimes I barely hear it, other times it is incredibly loud.....almost like a screw rubbing on plastic or something.

I had speakers installed in my vehicle about 4 months ago and didn't think it had to do with that but I had the audio guy take the door panel off and we couldn't find anything loose. The dealer was able to replicate it but said they would charge $70-150 to take the panel off and then whatever they found probably wouldn't even be covered.......even though I have a CPO Warranty through Mazda. I see online that many have had issues with the power door lock actuators, which I can hear on mine from time to time but do you think that could be related?

I'll try to get a recording of it but it is driving me absolutely insane.

Thanks!

I have a '16 Touring FWD, but have never heard the sound you're describing. I did recently have the door lock actuator replaced (under warranty) in the right front door. Good luck!

Hello Everyone,

2016 CX-5 Touring AWD
13K Miles

For the past few months my front passenger door has been emitting an intermittent rattle/squeak sound at speeds over 40MPH. It seems to be worse on bumpy terrain or windy days. Sometimes I barely hear it, other times it is incredibly loud.....almost like a screw rubbing on plastic or something.

I had speakers installed in my vehicle about 4 months ago and didn't think it had to do with that but I had the audio guy take the door panel off and we couldn't find anything loose. The dealer was able to replicate it but said they would charge $70-150 to take the panel off and then whatever they found probably wouldn't even be covered.......even though I have a CPO Warranty through Mazda. I see online that many have had issues with the power door lock actuators, which I can hear on mine from time to time but do you think that could be related?

I'll try to get a recording of it but it is driving me absolutely insane.

Thanks!

Eff those guys. Find a good dealer and have them fix it. We paid real money for these cars and they should be honoring the warranty's.

Back