• 2017 Mazda3 Hatch GT

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • 2017 CX5 GT

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Zf_cxagm10

:
Coming soon: Most likely a Mazda
Hello everyone, and yes this is a strange comparison, but I'm think some have the same question. (I'll probably post this in the CX5 lounge to see if they think differently over there as well)

I am currently looking at both, it is so hard to pick between the two since the CX5 is more refined, more quiet has more space and has an even more luxurious feeling interior vs the Mazda3. However the Mazda3 hatch handles better and is more (appearance) mod friendly. In other words the 3 is more of an enthusiast car then the CX5.

Then again I guess you could mod a CX5 with a front splitter and maybe a new exhaust whenever someone is going to make a good one for the 17s, but it won't look or sound as good as if you were to do the same mods on a 3.

I guess the biggest difference both is the space (since they are so similar looking) and if you have kids or not (Me, not yet, but would you think a 3 would be big enough to be a starter family car?)

What do you guys think I should pick? And I probably missed a few big differences between the 2, if so just tell me

If your looking to start a family go with the CX5

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

When my wife and I started a family, she had a 1986 Honda Accord (about the same size as a 2014 Mazda 3) and I had a Mazda RX3 + 68 Corvette. The Accord was our family car and it was more than adequate for 1 or 2 small kids. When the kids were big enough to ride bicycles, we bought a van so we could throw all the bikes in the back. After the van came a Lexus RX400h with a trailer hitch for a bike rack.
While we were going through these vehicles, I had a sports car and a car that could hold the entire family in a pinch. My 89 MX6 GT turbo was a good example. That supplemented my 2001 Corvette, and my wife could take the MX6 if she needed a change from driving a heavy vehicle. What I'm saying is that if you have kids, you won't BOTH need SUVs or Vans. Why not have one sporty car that can easily handle a couple of kids on their way to the dentist or school. Use the SUV for longer trips or bike riding. Swap vehicles every once in a while just to break up your driving routine.

without a doubt the faster, more efficient, more driver focused, more fun to drive hatchback.

why a crossover? why?

Back