Lowing Springs for 2017 CX-5?

BNK456

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
I'm new here. I got my CX-5 almost 2 weeks ago. It's a AWD GT model. I'm looking to lower it a bit. The wheel well is too revealing for my tastes. This was a problem on the old CX-5s too, and most CUVs in general.

Does anyone know how many inches are ideal for lowering the 2nd gen CX-5, and if there are any lowering springs available for it?

As far as springs only, I haven't seen anything yet, or been able to get feedback from a user who went from a lowered gen1 to a lowered gen 2... I'm trying to figure out if hebl was abl to just swap the springs over

As far as springs only, I haven't seen anything yet, or been able to get feedback from a user who went from a lowered gen1 to a lowered gen 2... I'm trying to figure out if hebl was abl to just swap the springs over

'Preciate it. Yeah I was thinking maybe gen 1 springs would fit but I don't want to get them and find out that they don't lol. Got any pics of this gen 2?

Mazda did quite a bit of work on shock absorber development on the 2017. I doubt very much the gen 1 springs will fit.

BTW, have you called H&R and asked them?http://www.hrsprings.com/

Last edited:
Has anyone that has lowered their CX5 experience large amount of suspension travel using stock shocks? Do you bounce around like a pogo stick? Shorten the life span of the shock also?

I've pm'd who I believe is the owner of this one. Looks like he direct swapped. It was posted on the mz247 fb page.
18768337_723244081170769_5510559359233856434_o.jpg

Although I'm beginning to wonder if this is a PS... something looks off about the wheels and one of the lot stripes, but the photo is a bit low res..

Although I'm beginning to wonder if this is a PS... something looks off about the wheels and one of the lot stripes, but the photo is a bit low res..

Yeah I feel iffy too, but at the same time, if it is a photoshop he did a really good job. I've also seen some pics of the CX-5 in Japan lowered but no details on them. Also I called CorkSport and they told me that they haven't tested their springs for the gen1 CX-5 on the gen2 yet. It's frustrating because the new CX-5 has been out for 6 months now..

Yeah I feel iffy too, but at the same time, if it is a photoshop he did a really good job. I've also seen some pics of the CX-5 in Japan lowered but no details on them. Also I called CorkSport and they told me that they haven't tested their springs for the gen1 CX-5 on the gen2 yet. It's frustrating because the new CX-5 has been out for 6 months now..

His social media feed does show photos of his new gen and old gen CX-5 lowered, so it looks to be genuine. Just haven't gotten an answer out of him yet. Perhaps use google translate so you can type a question to him in japanese characters or give him some time.

Yea after I looked on his IG im sure it's legit. Waiting for response.

Yea after I looked on his IG im sure it's legit. Waiting for response.

The IG user and owner of the vehicle has responded. He says you cannot use the same springs on the '17 CX-5 as on the '16. They are different. He may have coilovers I think.

Yea what I got from that post was that he used coilovers, and that the brake line bracket was slightly off.

Thanks for your help guys. Guess I'll have to wait. Can y'all update me on this thread with news of Mazda CX-5 lowering springs? Coilovers aren't very friendly to my budget at the moment lol.

Last edited:
Yes and Yes. Id recommend some BC racing coilovers

Based on your experience with brand new h&r coilovers that you put on your cx5? or the non existence reviews on the brand new KF springs from other cx5 owners?

Back