Can A Dealer Add Roof Rails?

dulanypeters

:
Car Coming Soon!
Hi all

Brand new to forum. About to lease a 2017 CX-9 Grand Touring. Have it built and know what I want but would like to add FACTORY installed roof rails, ideally in chrome, that sit close to the roof line.

Onto that I'd add Thule cross bars onto which I have various rack (skiing in winter, etc) that I only use as need.

Can a deal have such rails added? It's not available when you build a CX 9 on the mazda website but I've seen them online. Given that it's a lease car I don't want to order them and install them myself.

Anybody know what invoice cost would be for dealer to do it?

Thx

Last edited:
The unfortunate thing about the factory rails is that, at least to my knowledge, Thule and Yakima don't make cross bars that fit them. The Mazda cross bars aren't very attractive in my opinion and more importantly lack the mounting slot for common third-party accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The unfortunate thing about the factory rails is that, at least to my knowledge, Thule and Yakima don't make cross bars that fit them. The Mazda cross bars aren't very attractive in my opinion and more importantly lack the mounting slot for common third-party accessories.

Actually, I take that back. It looks like Thule now has an approved fit for the 16/17 CX-9 in their Aeroblade line.

If dulany already has Thule cross bars, then only the Thule foot pack 460R and the Kit 3160 might be needed (or maybe only 3160). Otherwise, $500 for the complete Thule bars vs. $200 for the Mazda bars (if they'll work with dulany's racks).

Looks like that rack will work with just about anything. My box needs the T-slot (or some adapters probably) which is why I held out for the Thule bars.

Spoke to a dealer....the part itself is $199.99 (the cross bars that come from Mazda) and labor is $60. Not hard to do oneself, I guess.

But somebody told me these items are not "residualized" in a lease and thus don't get discounted. I'm not sure how they get priced into a lease (this would include items like all weather floor mats as well).

I put the whole system on my older leased cx9.
It's a 2 person job due to the size of the parts but takes no time.

I've got a Thule Ranger softbox and 4 ski mount that both direct fit.

Back