Transmission/diff problem... car still won't move

e30addict

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
As some of you may know from my project thread, I was in the process of replacing my LSD. I followed the write-up and got the car put back together tonight. The car essentially still does the same thing it did with the bad diff - it will shift through all of the gears but it does not move. With my new "used but welded" diff, there are no more grinding noises but none of the gears will move the car. If I jack the car up, the car will spin the wheels when in gear BUT I can stop them with my hands. Basically, any type of load will keep them from spinning. I'm at a total loss here. The clutch pedal feels the same and I put everything back together exactly the way I found it (or so it seems).

Does anyone have any ideas? I posted the on the facebook group MSPE, as well.

Thanks

When I did my trans swap last summer I did not seat the reverse selector all the way down and the reverse gear was engaged. Car would go into all gears except reverse and would not move when in gear. It would move in reverse when the car was in 'neutral'.

You are going to have to pull the trans and probably open it back up to see what is going on. I know it sucks, I have been there.

Back