Retained Accesory Power

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD titanium/black 2016 Miata Club ST MT white
One of my biggest gripes with the CX-5 is the lack of retained accessory power.

What is retained accessory power?

When you shut your ignition off the power for some accessories (windows, sunroof, stereo...) stays on for a few minutes.

I REALLY hate it when I shut the car off and find out that I left a window, or sunroof, open. I then have to hit the Start button twice in order to shut the window.

What was Mazda thinking?

EVERY car that I've owned since 1999 has had retained accessory power. WTF?

Yea this one does drive me nuts, too. Retained power also lets the wipers return to rest when shutting down.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I didn't even think of this, but excellent point. My 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee had it lol.

Alright, one mark against Mazda, next to whoever came up with the name "leatherette".

I got an entry level Jeep Patriot - it has no mpg indicator, and old casette player type looking info system with 30 buttons but but but ... it has remote start lolololol.

Agreed. My 17 year old Toyota hunting truck has it until you open the doors, then It disables. Only had the cx-5 for a little
Over a month and it has annoyed me several times already, and even more the ole
Lady who drives it the most bc it's her first sunroof, and she keeps forgetting to shut it...

Yea this one does drive me nuts, too. Retained power also lets the wipers return to rest when shutting down.

Yeah, really stupid if you ask me. The first time I shut the Mazda off while the wipers were moving and they stopped in the middle of the windshield. I said to myself, WTF? A 2016 model and they can't even have the wipers complete a sweep when shutting the car off? Wow.

So backwards!

I didn't even think of this, but excellent point. My 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee had it lol.

Alright, one mark against Mazda, next to whoever came up with the name "leatherette".

The proper use for leatherette

house-of-cb-black-leatherette-cut-out-strapless-pencil-dress-back.jpg

Funny my 06 Saab had it but my 13 Volvo didn't.

Back