Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 Touring electronics stay on after turning off engine

2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD titanium/black

No-one?

Oh well.
    "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

On mine everything but the parking brake stops after you shut off the engine. I have a '17 though. I really wish it would stay on until you open your door for a few minutes though as my Ford does that and it's very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow 2014 Touring electronics stay on after turning off engine

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5 View Post
    No-one?

Oh well.
    I would want to try it but currently I'm out of country.

Base on my past experience the power window wouldn't work after the engine is shut off, but the owner's manual says otherwise like mazdadude mentioned. And your experience was only driver side power window works within 40-second window?

I thought 2017 CX-5 made some changes on this with 40-second window when I first read that paragraph in 2017's manual. But apparently this function has already been there for 2016 CX-5.

2016 Mazda CX-5 Owner's Manual Page 3-33:
    Engine-off power window operation
    The power window can be operated for about 40 seconds after the ignition is switched from ON to off with all doors closed. If any door is opened, the power window will stop operating.
    NOTE
    For engine-off operation of the power window, the switch must be held up firmly throughout window closure because the auto-closing function will be inoperable.
    2017 Mazda CX-5 Owner's Manual Page 3-37:
     The power window can be operated for about 40 seconds after the ignition is switched from ON to ACC or off with all doors closed. If any door is opened, the power window will stop operating.
    For engine-off operation of the power window, the switch must be held up firmly throughout window closure because the auto-closing function will be inoperable.

2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD titanium/black

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    I would want to try it but currently I'm out of country.

Base on my past experience the power window wouldn't work after the engine is shut off, but the owner's manual says otherwise like mazdadude mentioned. And your experience was only driver side power window works within 40-second window?

I thought 2017 CX-5 made some changes on this with 40-second window when I first read that paragraph in 2017's manual. But apparently this function has already been there for 2016 CX-5.

2016 Mazda CX-5 Owner's Manual Page 3-33:

2017 Mazda CX-5 Owner's Manual Page 3-37:
    Yes, that's right. On my CX-5 the driver's window is the only thing that stays powered during that 40 seconds.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

95 Miata, 14 CX5 FWD Touring

Every once in a while, my '14 CX5 experiences what the OP experiences. Our gear selectors are the zigzag shift pattern.

I think the issue is that the gear selector does not fully return to the left side of the slot when shifted to P. It is easy to slide the lever up as high as it can go and assume the spring action of the lever will retract the lever all the way to the left. However, after some time, the spring action is not what it used to be and the lever will slowly slide to the left when pushed up to P and the start/stop button is pressed before the lever is fully seated to the left.

The lever needs to be fully seated to the left in the P slot before it recognizes that the shifter is in "park". If it is not, then the electronics will stay on when the start/stop button is pressed.

So when shifting to park, just make sure the lever is fully seated to the left before pressing the start/stop button.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow 2014 Touring electronics stay on after turning off engine

Quote Originally Posted by deepfriedsushi View Post
    Every once in a while, my '14 CX5 experiences what the OP experiences. Our gear selectors are the zigzag shift pattern.

I think the issue is that the gear selector does not fully return to the left side of the slot when shifted to P. It is easy to slide the lever up as high as it can go and assume the spring action of the lever will retract the lever all the way to the left. However, after some time, the spring action is not what it used to be and the lever will slowly slide to the left when pushed up to P and the start/stop button is pressed before the lever is fully seated to the left.

The lever needs to be fully seated to the left in the P slot before it recognizes that the shifter is in "park". If it is not, then the electronics will stay on when the start/stop button is pressed.

So when shifting to park, just make sure the lever is fully seated to the left before pressing the start/stop button.
    Like OP, you probably have a worn switch unit. That's why there's a TSB and a revised switch unit has been introduced. The switch material has been changed to improve wear resistance:

Quote Originally Posted by paris1 View Post
    Can't find the original Mazda notification on this issue, but here's another internet reference to the problem:
    https://mazda.oemdtc.com/665/ignitio...013-2014-mazda

Registered Member

2014 Mazda CX-5

Auxiliary power stays on after you push the off button. or stop/start ignition.

Had the exact same problem. It is the shift assembly. there is a little switch in there to tell the computer that it is in park. that has worn out. but they presently do not sell just the switch. they wanted to and did change the whole shift assembly with mine. this is becoming a common problem in the Mazda cx-5.
    Anyway just sent the following message to a member who told me what it was and to try getting Mazda to pay for it.
    :
    Wanted to thank yrwei52 , I called Mazda Canada and spoke with them. I was as humble as possible. My 2014 Cx-5 has 198,500 kms.
    They paid the entire cost. Big Thank you to Mazda Canada.
    Maybe they know that there is a problem and pending recall.
    Great forum here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12