US Diesel's big splash introduction

Im curious, what is the allure of a diesel CX-5?
Towing I think.

And theoretically the gas mileage if you are primarily highway driving. But recent numbers seem to show it not getting any better than the gas version.

Towing I think.

And theoretically the gas mileage if you are primarily highway driving. But recent numbers seem to show it not getting any better than the gas version.

With it*s weight and short wheelbase, I wouldn*t classify it as a great tow vehicle, even with the diesel, but it can, of course.

For what it's worth, tow capacity is the same here for 2.5 NA petrol and 2.2 Diesel.

The diesel's torque makes short work of what is being towed.

Originally the appeal for me was increased fuel efficiency.

the new EPA figures have pretty much ruined that for me but I'm still curious to see what it's driving dynamics are and what real world fuel economy looks like.
I imagine all that torque could be fun especially for those of us who commute quite a bit every day.
Will it be worth the Premium? That's up to each person to decide on their own.

Originally the appeal for me was increased fuel efficiency.

the new EPA figures have pretty much ruined that for me but I'm still curious to see what it's driving dynamics are and what real world fuel economy looks like.
I imagine all that torque could be fun especially for those of us who commute quite a bit every day.
Will it be worth the Premium? That's up to each person to decide on their own.

Driving dynamics should be not that much different to the 2.5 with the exception of more kerb weight.

In fact, of all the reviews I have read, none have said that the dynamics of the diesel is better/worse than 2.5.

Thanks for the replies! That confirms my suspicion that it doesn*t seem like a worthwhile move for Mazda.

You could just wait for it to be officially announced and some driving reviews before making a final decision (scratch)

With it*s weight and short wheelbase, I wouldn*t classify it as a great tow vehicle, even with the diesel, but it can, of course.

I would disagree as I tow with one, I'm replacing it with a Tiguan of the same size (in the uk) and expect that to cope also.

Driving dynamics should be not that much different to the 2.5 with the exception of more kerb weight.

In fact, of all the reviews I have read, none have said that the dynamics of the diesel is better/worse than 2.5.

All those I've read constantly say the car drives better with the diesel compared to the 2.5, obviously a 2.5T would change that opinion.

I would disagree as I tow with one, I'm replacing it with a Tiguan of the same size (in the uk) and expect that to cope also.

Yes, cope, like I said, can tow, no doubt.

Great, nope, way better options out there.Buying a CX-5 just to tow. No, not happening, at least here in *Murica.

Couldn*t careless, I have something way better to tow with like most, and the diesel means nothing.

Back