US Diesel's big splash introduction

KF diesels since 2017, no such reports. Ask Anchorman. Owned 2 of them.

Also Taiwan and Thailand environments are different, could be because of that.

Why no issues reported in Europe with KF diesels (uhm)

Until if becomes widespread like the diesel issues of 2012-2016, then at this time it's not a widespread issue and there is no need to cause undue panick.
Tell me what's new on "KF" diesel since 2017 which is related to engine cooling for hot and humid environment such as in Taiwan and Thailand? The overheating issue happens only after the diesel is getting more miles from 60,000 km / 37,500 miles and above. Anchorman's diesels have only 9,000 and 2,000 miles, and UK's environment is totally different. Remember the severe engine vibration issue happens only in very cold Canadian winter on gen-2 CX-5 because of the new engine mounts?

I do agree the hot and humid environment has something to do with it, so as too much stop-and-go traffic there. But those CX-5 owner's are very disappointed about lack of explanation and action from Mazda in Taiwan, and only offer the excuse that Mazda Japan doesn't have an answer yet after a protest held by these owner's.

The engine is very popular in Europe and there have been no engine problems since the camshaft were beefed up several years ago. Theres no need to embellish the story.
I was giving more details on diesel overheating issue when furia said he wasn't given any reasons at Mazda dealer in Taiwan why they're no longer selling supposedly very popular diesel CX-5. And Xeler8ing claimed he googled and brought up no such issues.

100% agree. Just because of some issues at this time doesn't mean everyone has an issue. It's scare mongering. Which may lead to mass hysteria
When I had concerns on our LED accent strip DRLs on 2016 CX-5, some people said the same thing here. Now what? The same on the electrical parking brake dragging issue. Some people said the same thing here and now what? Those are expensive repairs without warranty, I just want CX-5 owners aware these problems earlier to avoid unnecessary huge expenses! If I live in Houston which is hot and humid like Taiwan and Thailand, I'd seriously not consider SkyActiv-D 2.2L until Mazda Japan has figured out the resolution.

Indeed.

Could also be that Taiwan's & Thailand's configuration or use of fluids etc might be different to the rest of the world and hence causing issues there only (scratch)
Could, would have ⋯ No, those CX-5 owners having problems and doing a protest are all doing the scheduled maintenance at Mazda dealers in Taiwan with factory fluids. They have to take thier CX-5 back to the dealer for routine maintenance or they may lose factory warranty.

That is from some facebook post. Honestly, there are some people just waiting for Mazda to fail. If this was widespread, I am sure you would be hearing about it.
Based on what the links I provided are only from FaceBook posts? The first link was a news report from one of the largest newspaper, The Liberty Times (自由時報), in Taiwan!

Mazda 柴油車引擎出問題,馬自達:總社調查中並提供免費檢修!

It's funny those CX-5 owners held a protest in front of Mazda in Taiwan on weak CX-5 windshield and other maintenance issues 3 years ago:

100% agree. Just because of some issues at this time doesn't mean everyone has an issue. It's scare mongering. Which may lead to mass hysteria

No need to overreact, I'm more than happy to read of possible issues that might come my way.

Agree. Since we do not have stats as to how many vehicles or what percentage of vehicles were affected then it’s really speculative on our part. I do wonder how many Mazda’s are sold in Taiwan? I would suspect Toyota, Mitsubishi, Suzuki and a couple of others have high sales. I may be wrong though.

Going through SE Asia, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Suzuki along with Hyundai and Kia are the big brands on the roads.

If only low numbers are being sold that would make the issue worst.

I was giving more details on diesel overheating issue when furia said he wasn't given any reasons at Mazda dealer in Taiwan why they're no longer selling supposedly very popular diesel CX-5. And Xeler8ing claimed he googled and brought up no such issues.

That's how I read it.

Why are you all worried about problems you ain't never gonna have a chance to actually worry about? I'm a worrier...but damn!

Head gasket blowing certainly isn't common in the UK, I might have read of ONE post only with that issue.
The thing concerns me is when those 2.2L diesels were overheating, the coolant warning light had never lit, until coolant overflowed from overflow tank, and the engine died; worse the head gasket blown base on the news report.

Why are you all worried about problems you ain't never gonna have a chance to actually worry about? I'm a worrier...but damn!
Because some people is hoping Mazda eventually will make the 2.2L diesel available in the US, and CA EPA has certified the engine. The GM of my Mazda dealer also believes the diesel is coming as he has been sending his mechanics to Mazda for training on diesel engine.

so anyone heard anything regarding the Diesel? I really want to grab a CX5 Diesel when my current lease is up...

Tell me what's new on "KF" diesel since 2017 which is related to engine cooling for hot and humid environment such as in Taiwan and Thailand? The overheating issue happens only after the diesel is getting more miles from 60,000 km / 37,500 miles and above. Anchorman's diesels have only 9,000 and 2,000 miles, and UK's environment is totally different. Remember the severe engine vibration issue happens only in very cold Canadian winter on gen-2 CX-5 because of the new engine mounts?

I do agree the hot and humid environment has something to do with it, so as too much stop-and-go traffic there. But those CX-5 owner's are very disappointed about lack of explanation and action from Mazda in Taiwan, and only offer the excuse that Mazda Japan doesn't have an answer yet after a protest held by these owner's.

Our environment here in the warmer months is similar to those countries (hot and humid) yet the main reports here (2012-2016 KE series Diesel) have been oil related. But who knows what other factors there are causing the issues.

Maybe different fluids used there could be a factor (uhm)

As for the KF diesel, we don't know if the same issue might occur. Most have not yet reached supposed kms where this issue occurs but stating that there is already an issue with the KF 2.2D is wrong.

Mazda's response is no different from any other major organisation. Deny there is a problem until there are complaints on mass.

The GM of my Mazda dealer also believes the diesel is coming as he has been sending his mechanics to Mazda for training on diesel engine.

If your GM is being honest I find this more hopeful for the diesel fans here than all the press BS we've seen. Few dealers will train their people on a subject that's not gonna happen.

People should stop worrying. One can't control everything. Things happen.

There is a very good chance nothing is going to happen. But already coming from a negative view point is not good for ones health.

If looking at everything bad that is going to happen, then one might as well just not purchase anything, do anything and just sit at home and wait for the time to go by.

Come on. It's an automobile. There are far more important and better things in life than worrying about the 2.2 Diesel engine and the problems it MIGHT have some time in the future.

Back