US Diesel's big splash introduction

I'm kinda tempted by the new Acura RDX. Engine and power are great. Just wonder if it has better electronic toys than the cx5.

Rofl! What? Mazda probably has the most luddite vehicles on the planet. In line with base model kia or something for features.

Rofl! What? Mazda probably has the most luddite vehicles on the planet. In line with base model kia or something for features.

So you just guessing there Uno?

The fact you thought cars should still have hard drives makes me suspect to how you're judging this. (scratch)

Long wait..will happen at least that's what I tell myself- upside to long wait is we inch closer to sky-x in the event I'm wrong(drive)

I'm can't wait to see reviews of the Miata with the 2.0L 'X' motor.... (headbang)(drive)

Don't think it is the X motor. More likely a final variation to the current MX-5 motor.

2019 Miatas supposed to get a boost. Is that the 'X'?

No, it is a revised 2.0L engine with new pistons and lighter connecting rods, as well as a more aggressive crankshaft profile and higher flow for the intake and exhaust. All things which could be done on the 2.5 L engine as well. What it does for the Miata is take the redline from 6800 to 7200.

No, it is a revised 2.0L engine with new pistons and lighter connecting rods, as well as a more aggressive crankshaft profile and higher flow for the intake and exhaust. All things which could be done on the 2.5 L engine as well. What it does for the Miata is take the redline from 6800 to 7200.

It could be done to the 2.5L but this engine is different in terms of power delivery. For one thing, the current MX-5 (Miata for you guys) reaches max power at 6000rpm and max torque at 4600rpm.

Anyways back on topic, I just had another look at USA website and still says "Sign up below to receive the latest news about the first ever CX-5 Diesel."

So all hope is not lost.... yet

Anyways back on topic, I just had another look at USA website and still says "Sign up below to receive the latest news about the first ever CX-5 Diesel."

so funny because I was JUST doing this when I saw your post.
sad that the url still says 2017. :(

Whatcar recently test drove a Mazda 3 mule fitted with a X motor, I got the impression that the 3 will see the x engine first.

Don't think it is the X motor. More likely a final variation to the current MX-5 motor.

It could be done to the 2.5L but this engine is different in terms of power delivery. For one thing, the current MX-5 (Miata for you guys) reaches max power at 6000rpm and max torque at 4600rpm.

I signed up like a year ago, and never got a single email mentioning the CX-5. Eventually they started spamming me about the new Mazda 6. That really pissed me off.

Earlier inquiries got a response of, they are in final certification with EPA and CARB. Early this year, they got more generic, and said Mazda is still committed to bringing diesel to North America. The same thing they were saying when the diesel 6 was over a year late.

As far as I know, they never admitted that they reneged on their announcement that they were bringing a diesel 6.

If they announce a timevframe, I believe they are obliged to update when they know they won't meet, let alone when the timevframe has passed.

If mazda brings awd to USA Subaru would loose a chunk of sales. 6 is vastly superior than legacy. 3 awd will pull sales from impreza as well.

I signed up like a year ago, and never got a single email mentioning the CX-5. Eventually they started spamming me about the new Mazda 6. That really pissed me off.

Earlier inquiries got a response of, they are in final certification with EPA and CARB. Early this year, they got more generic, and said Mazda is still committed to bringing diesel to North America. The same thing they were saying when the diesel 6 was over a year late.

As far as I know, they never admitted that they reneged on their announcement that they were bringing a diesel 6.

If they announce a timevframe, I believe they are obliged to update when they know they won't meet, let alone when the timevframe has passed.

I noticed the most recent news story regarding this from April 4th 2018. In reference to an email to Mazda from "Green car Reports" , A question was asked and responded to early January 2018 regarding specific timing for the arrival of the CX-5 diesel... "We can’t comment on specific timing quite yet," Brown wrote in early January, "but we continue to work with the EPA and CARB and will make an announcement as soon as possible."

From the best information us peons have available, it seems as though there is some consistency to this answer as this was confirmed by recent EPA filings and the North American Senior VP of Mazda gave the same answer back in Oct. as well as saying they do have some sort of target date. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ0uQRbkmfI&index=24&list=PL466D7CA71ED3F80D )

Back