US Diesel's big splash introduction

No Maiden fans!...wtf guys?

giphy.gif

:p (wink)

Prefer Metalica myself. (guitar)

Traitor;)..Maiden was/is still great, Bruce D still brings it- post throat cancer and all

but hellyes to early Metallica too man..rockers among us should also check out:

Nothing More--singer is insanely good saw them in Albany- they opened for Volbeat and Five Finger Death Punch(two of my favorites)a few years back..stunning and almost no one knew who they were!

Maiden is great... pioneers of the metal scene!

Yes to early Metallica- nothing beyond And Justice for All.

I don't think you kids could handle my metal tastes!

Pioneers? A lot of big metal was around before IM came on to the scene. Black Sabbath comes to mind.

Music is very generational so I’ll let the kids enjoy their era. For me, the 70’s killed music especially with disco. The 50’s and 60’s were my era.

Probably not, I don't care for metal.

So I guess that makes me the traitor (rofl)

Pioneers? A lot of big metal was around before IM came on to the scene. Black Sabbath comes to mind.

Music is very generational so I’ll let the kids enjoy their era. For me, the 70’s killed music especially with disco. The 50’s and 60’s were my era.

IDK about a lot but you're spot on w/Sabbath..they were pretty much the bleeding edge of the metal era (and fn awesome btw) got them and many other greats Floyd and Rush come to mind from my older brothers from about the time I could walk..probably should have kept that second part to yourself! Haha JK

Last edited:
Probably not, I don't care for metal.

So I guess that makes me the traitor (rofl)

He's a traitor bc he's from England and is taking Metallica over his countrymen..you're not a traitor just "worthless and weak" hehe I actually hated them and most of the hair scene but that was pretty funny...few early exceptions..Leppard, Ratt, GnR, Quiet Riot, Whitesnake

Last edited:

Music is very generational so Ill let the kids enjoy their era. For me, the 70s killed music especially with disco. The 50s and 60s were my era.

yeah, but black sabbath was quite different than Maiden (twin leads, lots of double bass drumming, etc). i guess we could go back and say elvis started it all.... or...

but its all good.

in my world, the faster and more intricate the batter. but i'm also of the minority that hates current extreme metal style vocals. yuck.

yeah, but black sabbath was quite different than Maiden (twin leads, lots of double bass drumming, etc). i guess we could go back and say elvis started it all.... or...

but its all good.

in my world, the faster and more intricate the batter. but i'm also of the minority that hates current extreme metal style vocals. yuck.

Heavy metal kinda changes stripes as the years go by. The basic sense is there though. Black Sabbath is deemed by many to have started it but Led Zep fans will argue as will Deep Purple. Those groups had some influence from other genres. DP had classical influence believe it or not. Then there were bands like Uriah Heep that added to the mix.

One group I enjoyed in the later seventies was Van Halen. Their first couple of albums were great and then they started to drift.

But if I had to pick one group overall for metal, although not pure, it would be The Who.

Meanwhile, back on the diesel topic.

Back