US Diesel's big splash introduction

I’m just waiting patently here for the press release that mentions coming soon to the NA market- the recently updated skyactivD, 360 camera and AA/Carplay.

I’m just waiting patently here for the press release that mentions coming soon to the NA market- the recently updated skyactivD, 360 camera and AA/Carplay.

Don't think all three will happen at the same time, maybe 2 out of the 3 (either SkyActiv-D+AA/ACP or SkyActiv-D+360 camera)

Don't think all three will happen at the same time, maybe 2 out of the 3 (either SkyActiv-D+AA/ACP or SkyActiv-D+360 camera)

Well, one can hope haha. I also read 2000 posts telling me a diesel couldn’t pass CARB and Mazda pulled the plug on the SkyactivD up until 4 Weeks ago when it passed CARB. I think these three options -that all exist- debuting at the same time isn’t too lofty of an expectation. :Fingers crossed:, anyways

Well, one can hope haha. I also read 2000 posts telling me a diesel couldn’t pass CARB and Mazda pulled the plug on the SkyactivD up until 4 Weeks ago when it passed CARB. I think these three options -that all exist- debuting at the same time isn’t too lofty of an expectation. :Fingers crossed:, anyways

No not a lofty expectation at all but depends on Mazda NO HQ getting their act together (AA/ACP is coming but no ETA) not to mention actually ticking the request sheet (to Mazda Japan HQ) so you can get 360 camera

I wonder when we'll hear our next update from Mazda.
please don't make us wait until the LA Auto Show to see this car.

(I hope I didn't just jinx us)

Does Mazda have order guides for the upcoming model year like other manufactures that you can get online or do they not work that way?

It seems like it was going to be exciting news. I had signed up with Mazda for updates to the CX-5 diesel coming out for 2017. Yes that's what Mazda said 2017 so I waited patiently. Today I get an email from Mazda and guess what? It tells me about their new corporate strategies, the new Mazda6, something, something but not one word about the CX-5 diesel.

I would have been upset but I gave up and bought something else a month ago. Still learning about all the features on my BMW X3 28d diesel and really enjoying it. Every fill up I do a test run towards home that is flat and fairly straight and 18 miles long. My 4200 lb sled with all the wind resistance of a barn door gets 51 mpg on these fun runs.

It seems like it was going to be exciting news. I had signed up with Mazda for updates to the CX-5 diesel coming out for 2017. Yes that's what Mazda said 2017 so I waited patiently. Today I get an email from Mazda and guess what? It tells me about their new corporate strategies, the new Mazda6, something, something but not one word about the CX-5 diesel.

I would have been upset but I gave up and bought something else a month ago. Still learning about all the features on my BMW X3 28d diesel and really enjoying it. Every fill up I do a test run towards home that is flat and fairly straight and 18 miles long. My 4200 lb sled with all the wind resistance of a barn door gets 51 mpg on these fun runs.

Maybe you should remove "Shopping CX-5" from your vehicle description then (wink)

Last edited:
Back