US Diesel's big splash introduction

The last report I saw was late fall 'product launch' with vehicles arriving in ports/dealers late 17/early 18 as 18's.

Until those time frames pass or we have some other info, I'm not sure why there seems to be daily panic in this thread? lol

People just want a fixed date of release :)

I'm sure they're likely jumping through the final EPA hoops and red tape and probably waiting in some obnoxious que for 'real world' testing which is why there isn't an official product launch date yet. Once they have that, they'll have a far better idea of when they can start building/shipping thousands of cars over for late 2017 or early 2018 purchasing.

People and their instant gratification...lol

Assuming those spy photos are actually showing a diesel CX-5, the fact that there is a prototype running around with a one-off exhaust and a redline that's different than the current engine is not at all encouraging.

I'm sure they're likely jumping through the final EPA hoops and red tape and probably waiting in some obnoxious que for 'real world' testing which is why there isn't an official product launch date yet. Once they have that, they'll have a far better idea of when they can start building/shipping thousands of cars over for late 2017 or early 2018 purchasing.

People and their instant gratification...lol

Correct. It's basically government regulations that's holding it up

Assuming those spy photos are actually showing a diesel CX-5, the fact that there is a prototype running around with a one-off exhaust and a redline that's different than the current engine is not at all encouraging.

It would be very strange for it to have a single exhaust considering the rest of the world gets dual exhausts but it's not unheard of.

Guys that exhaust pipe does not look OEM-ish at all. It is most likely designed that way to make it easier to hook up emissions testing equipment.

Guys that exhaust pipe does not look OEM-ish at all. It is most likely designed that way to make it easier to hook up emissions testing equipment.

You could actually hook up to test equipment on stock pipes. So don't know reason why you would have 1 pipe unless it's going to be released that way (uhm)

With only 1 pipe you get half the exhaust, so half the emissions. (doh)

Therefore it's either:

1. One pipe variant
  2. Two pipe variant but being tested as 1 pipe variant for emission reasons
  3. One pipe shown to throw us off

Correct. It's basically government regulations that's holding it up

So if we know that and we know that Mazda was likely given a loose 'fall' time frame for testing and we're seeing what appears to be a test mule in...wait for it... fall and we were told late fall for P.R. 'launch' and late 2017 / early 2018 for delivery.... why does everybody still seem to be panicking and complaining of 'delays' and 'hold ups'?

Seems to me, everything's on pretty much the schedule we've been told for a while now...

So if we know that and we know that Mazda was likely given a loose 'fall' time frame for testing and we're seeing what appears to be a test mule in...wait for it... fall and we were told late fall for P.R. 'launch' and late 2017 / early 2018 for delivery.... why does everybody still seem to be panicking and complaining of 'delays' and 'hold ups'?

Seems to me, everything's on pretty much the schedule we've been told for a while now...

Because we haven't heard s@#t from Mazda since May, and they've changed what's on their website by deleting stuff, without providing any information.

Plus, we are impatient and paranoid.

When Mazda allowed me to sign up for email updates, I assumed they'd actually occasionally provide some information.

People want answers aka proper communication.

California is causing the delay (gah)

Thanks for posting Kaps...^^this is exactly what I suspected and why should we not be encouraged by this Red? This by no means says its a lock but it does mean wheels (real ones with Yokohama tires) are turning! You could be right about this being a sky-x mule but I doubt it. However, I have zero doubt the fate and timing of our sky-d will and is at this point is in our government (and California's) hands. Screw California if you have to Mazda...please!

No way in hell thats a production exhaust..if so I won't buy it based on that alone..speaking of automotive abortions..tesla model x damn is that thing busted and i like big asses but...(puke)

Back