US Diesel's big splash introduction

Looks nice although rear passenger head room might be a bit compromised due to sloping roof

A 2.5L CX-4 may fit your requirements:

mazda-cx-4-2016-05.jpg

As a owner of a Sonic Silver CX5, I have to admit my bias and say that the silver color really matches that style.

Silver ftcx-*w but liquid>>sonic for me! Nice and deep, distinct silver easy peasy choice..sonic is fine, inoffensive, does work nicely on these but no longer stands out as a beautiful hue..tougher choice for next time.

Silver ftcx-*w but liquid>>sonic for me! Nice and deep, distinct silver easy peasy choice..sonic is fine, inoffensive, does work nicely on these but no longer stands out as a beautiful hue..tougher choice for next time.

I do agree with that. As much as I like the Sonic Silver, it would be even better if it were not quite as dark. It seems most automakers use this gray ish silver.

But, put a nice sealant wax on it and it does glow. I used Sonax Liquid NPT. Right now during winter it’s a quick wash and wipe with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer.

Sonic silver is good.. hides dirt, grime better so less washing required (wink)

My Sonic silver doesn't get washed much, but still looks acceptable.

Both my Silver Xtrails were a proper silver, much lighter, at least the sonic is less grey than my last cx-5 silver car, I forget what silver they called it now, but it was really a light grey.

Sonic silver is good.. hides dirt, grime better so less washing required (wink)

My Sonic silver doesn't get washed much, but still looks acceptable.

Both my Silver Xtrails were a proper silver, much lighter, at least the sonic is less grey than my last cx-5 silver car, I forget what silver they called it now, but it was really a light grey.
Any silver is a good colour :)

Call up Mazda hotline - customer relationship, etc. : their tune has changed w.r.t. diesel. Called them Friday and they were intentionally even more vague.

Call up Mazda hotline - customer relationship, etc. : their tune has changed w.r.t. diesel. Called them Friday and they were intentionally even more vague.

That's weird..both because I thought you had no interest w.r.t. diesel and also because you've provided zero detail w.r.t. before/after comments/vagarities..please do.

That's weird..both because I thought you had no interest w.r.t. diesel and also because you've provided zero detail w.r.t. before/after comments/vagarities..please do.

Oh sorry... yes I have no interest in diesel. My discussion with customer service was on something else - on Friday with a repeat call - today. I decided to ask about few things and that included diesel.

Last week - no date determined yet, but we are very aggressively pushing for it. If only I could share some data it seems entire HQ is pushing for it. You'll come to know shortly but definitely in the pipeline.

Today - we currently do not have any information regarding when it'll be available. No information available. We understand we have repeatedly said and it did not happen and thus we can not comment on timelines.

Soul Red touch-up paint - the manufacturer has caused a huge logistics problem and thus in the entire North America and few other regions there's a severe shortage. At this point there's no definitive data.
Wipers - yes - we are aware of the scarcity and working to expedite delivery. Some states are already receiving batches.

OK..thanks- both are pretty much inline with what most have said and my hunch is the NYIAS will be the intro stage - w/deliveries by late summer/early fall- or its taken down- white flag of surrender!
Drop it or get off the pot Mazda- word is born.

Last edited:
OK..thanks- both are pretty much inline with what most have said and my hunch is the NYIAS will be the intro stage - w/deliveries by late summer/early fall- or its taken down- white flag of surrender!
Drop it or get off the pot Mazda- word is born.

I feel for you buddy. I know you really want the diesel. Who knows - like you said - if I test drive one: might like it more than gasoline. Let's really hope Mazda delivers.

Back