US Diesel's big splash introduction

I wanted that diesel wagon they promised ~4 years(?) ago.

Give me diesel CX-7! A Jaguar F Pace 20d alternative for those that don't want to spend $70K.; a shortened, no third row of seating, CX-9. With about 35' of cargo storage, a real factory towing package with 2" hitch, and 5 Star safety+ rating.

+1, and you may just get your diesel CX-7 if you're patient enough..2-3 years I'm guessing we'll get the CX7 back, whether it (and others) get the diesel or not rests in the sales of the CX5 so buy one of those first:)
As for tax credit- I'm 99.82% sure its not happening but I'd love for someone to tell me I'm wrong on that..

Last edited:
I think the CX-5 diesel needs to be a sales success before they would even consider making the diesel option available on the Mazda6. Then some metric has to be passed before they would even consider bringing the wagon variant of the Mazda6 here...

+1, and you may just get your diesel CX-7 if you're patient enough..2-3 years I'm guessing we'll get the CX7 back, whether it gets the diesel or not rests in the sales of the CX5 so buy one of those first:)
As for tax credit- I'm 99.82% sure its not happening but I'd love for someone to tell me I'm wrong on that..

Funny thing... back in late 2006/early 2007 when I was shopping for a car I test drove a CX-7... that thing had the worst turbo lag I had ever experienced. I think this was later fixed but at time it was really bad. I liked other things about rig but this did it in for me. Years later probably glad I didn't buy it as those haven't been the most reliable. I ended up buying my G35x at the time. I was all over the place for cars... so I know.. weird cross-shop. An '07 S40 AWD was all in the mix.... in the grand mix the Infiniti was probably the most reliable although that is tainted with substantial repairs that never came out of my pocket.

EDIT: Throw a 5 year unlimited mileage powertrain warranty out there on diesel motor. If that doesn't spell we believe in it nothing will.

Last edited:
Speaking of wagons..unob- you're famous:)
http://www.caranddriver.com/
And you're welcome for finally getting that cesspool of a VS thread locked once and for all(yippy)
Mooning Mango for the last word is fitting, no? Little things in life..

Last edited:
diesel Mazda 6 would be YUUUGE for Mazda.
great fuel mileage, good torque, gets them back in the game in that segment

I doubt a diesel engine in the 6 will make much difference. The new Camry is getting stellar reviews across the board, and the redesigned Accord will be coming in a few months with a 10 speed automatic transmission and 2 new engines. The 6 needs a complete redesign and additional power to compete.

Unob is Mike Duff?

fO6nfCl.png

Nice find...thanks for posting...

What is the Skyactiv Diesels RPM redline set at?

Redline is 5200 rpm.

Regarding the wagon, the Mazda6 wagon with the 2.2D is exactly what I want. And you can get it overseas with a manual or AWD. I wish we were getting that one instead, but the CX-5 is the next best thing.

Redline is 5200 rpm.

Regarding the wagon, the Mazda6 wagon with the 2.2D is exactly what I want. And you can get it overseas with a manual or AWD. I wish we were getting that one instead, but the CX-5 is the next best thing.

Ditto.

Redline is 5200 rpm.

Which is not that useful as peak power is at 4500rpm

I doubt a diesel engine in the 6 will make much difference. The new Camry is getting stellar reviews across the board, and the redesigned Accord will be coming in a few months with a 10 speed automatic transmission and 2 new engines. The 6 needs a complete redesign and additional power to compete.

I wouldn't trust honda with 10 speeds in their automatic.

That's going backwards from infinite gears CVT to 10.
Not necessary to me. Traditional automatic transmission feels different from CVT. I'm happy Honda has decided to dump its CVT from some models. Besides, Honda now should have learned the lesson that out-sourcing doesn't mean a good choice. This new 10-speed auto tranny could be developed in house, not from ZF anymore! I wish Mazda would come out a new SkyActiv-Drive 10-speed automatic transmission like Honda!

Thats the beauty of a $500ish remap. You get more power through out the band even on the gas engine.

Are you referring to an ECU upgrade? Who sells them for the Mazda CX-5 diesel? (There are two outfits that sell "stage 1" upgrades for the diesel TDI engines, that have many, many, good reviews from owners.)

Last edited:
Are you referring to an ECU upgrade? Who sells them for the Mazda CX-5 diesel? (There are two outfits that sell "stage 1" upgrades for the diesel TDI engines, that have many, many, good reviews from owners.)

Give it time and the USA tuners will start doing it.

Just did a quick search for OZ and found this:

Capture.jpg

Conversion for torque figures:

From 310 ft/lb to 372 ft/lb

There are others out there

Back