US Diesel's big splash introduction

Oil issues occurred here on the early/mid KE series. By the time the 2015/2016 update for KE (MZD connect, spec changes) came, the oil issue had been resolved. So KF diesel should be fine.

Its not resolved I still get oil dilution on my MZD car. And mpg is rubbish for a diesel. Only the engine power delivery makes up for it.

Its not resolved I still get oil dilution on my MZD car. And mpg is rubbish for a diesel. Only the engine power delivery makes up for it.

What year is yours (scratch)

AFAIK there have been no reports here in Oz land on other forums for 2015/2016 onwards

Anchorman has the current KF diesel and can enlighten us on their diesel experience

Last edited:
Late 2015.

Anchorman says his 2017 had no oil rise at 8K miles, I don't know if that's still the same, I hope so.

Anchorman will confirm but I believe his 2016 car also had oil rise with DPF regens around every 150 miles, which kills MPG, 2017 car has regens about every 300 miles.

Anchorman will confirm but I believe his 2016 car also had oil rise with DPF regens around every 150 miles, which kills MPG, 2017 car has regens about every 300 miles.
Then it seems KF model change has fixed/rectified the issue then. I do recall him saying in a post somewhere here his red KF has no issues.

I've just had my 4th year service done on my late 2014 diesel, at approx 40k miles, and one year and 10k miles since it's last service. Forscan said my oil dilution was 0, and the oil level has been on the max mark (not the over high x mark) for the whole year. The car gets quite an easy life tho, with my commute being 23 miles, mainly on quiet fast roads.

Mazda Canada video. Key points among others:

• Diesel CX-5 due later this year (after a few more certification tweaks)
  • AA/ACP coming to CX-9 this year, all remaining models early 2019

I've just had my 4th year service done on my late 2014 diesel, at approx 40k miles, and one year and 10k miles since it's last service. Forscan said my oil dilution was 0, and the oil level has been on the max mark (not the over high x mark) for the whole year. The car gets quite an easy life tho, with my commute being 23 miles, mainly on quiet fast roads.

That's good to know.

I only see a blank screen?

So waiting for 2019 sounds the best move for me, having watched the video.

So waiting for 2019 sounds the best move for me, having watched the video.

For the diesel power & torque update (140KW[190HP]/450NM) which wasn't mentioned but surely will come to you there as well (Japan has it and we are about to get it) or for AA/ACP (uhm)

Last edited:
Both, I want both, no point in me changing as the car is sound at present, oil rise I can manage with my low mileage same with the poor MPG I get.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...ited-cx-5-diesel-gets-california-green-light/

the part that caught my attention:
More likely, though, the automaker wants a nationwide launch, in which case it first needs to get the green light from the EPA. That certification process has reportedly not yet begun, and Mazda isn’t able to provide an educated guess on when we’ll finally get our hands on what promises to be a very fuel efficient crossover.
I get that they'd want the CARB certification first since that's the tougher of the two but to not have begun EPA certification at all? After all this time?
I have no idea how long it takes to get through the EPA, any educated guesses?

I wonder if we will again see vehicles with separate emission standards in US? AFAIK... everything shipping at this point is basically compliant to all 50 states.

http://time.com/5228979/why-scott-pruitt-rollback-of-emissions-standards-fell-flat/

" Though automakers had requested the revision, saying compliance with Obama’s rules would be costly, they are now worried that the Administration may go too far. Most significantly, California could set its own emissions standards in response, leading to a protracted court battle that would force carmakers to operate without clear or uniform rules. “Maintaining a single national program is critical to ensuring that cars remain affordable,” the Auto Alliance trade group said in a largely supportive statement."

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...ited-cx-5-diesel-gets-california-green-light/

the part that caught my attention:

I get that they'd want the CARB certification first since that's the tougher of the two but to not have begun EPA certification at all? After all this time?
I have no idea how long it takes to get through the EPA, any educated guesses?

So Diesel in late 2018 and maybe 2019. Pretty much what my dealer said.

CP and AA will be able to retrofit to any Mazda connect system. That is good news.

New engine may come in a car that is not the Mazda 3 - new Kai concept called something else?

Back