Looking for CX-5 in NYC/NJ...need advice for new car buyer!

:
CX-5 (pending?)
Looking for a CX-5 in the NYC/NJ area...problem is I've never bought a car in my life, and just trying to get a decent deal. Not sure if i need a 17, so a 2016.5 should do. And I think the GT trim and maybe/maybe not the tech packages.

I will not be able to pull the trigger in 2 days for the 2000 discount...but I'm am hoping that a similar offer will try to keep those older models moving. Anyone have luck in the NYC metro area, and what should I be targeting for a fair price? Numbers seem to be all over the map on this forum.

Any luck with Koppel, Wayne, Bayridge, etc?

Thanks,

Al

Last edited:
If going for 17, I was able to get a awd Machine Gray with Premium package for $32,156, $500 under invoice, in Central Jersey.

I think they should extend the $2k until all 16.5s are gone. I mean they didn't sell them all with it, yet, so why would they without it, at least not in a quick timeframe...if you do get a 16.5, get the Tech Package. A good price to me at this time would be nothing below 15% off MSRP...good luck and let us know if more help is needed...

I bought a 17 GT AWD w/Premium for about $1000 below MSRP about three weeks after introduction. I was not eligible for any loyalty rebates. Honestly the only advice I can offer is that no matter how much you shop the car, you're not going to know what your best deal is until you're in the dealer and ready to sign on the dotted line. I tried my best to shop the car on line and its very difficult. In my case I was very specific about the car I wanted down to the color and at the time there were only 3 within 50 miles of my address, and I was on a schedule. My advice to you is to visit the largest dealer that has the most stock with money in hand and a hard number in your mind of the most you want to spend and go from there.

Jersey is a hard place to negotiate. Harder than NY I think.

Yea, I'll admit I was being a tad harsh as certain parts of the country do seem to be more stubborn than others. I guess anything off is better than nothing...

Yea, I'll admit I was being a tad harsh as certain parts of the country do seem to be more stubborn than others. I guess anything off is better than nothing...

I had a dealer tell me that they aren't selling for less than $500 ABOVE MSRP.... (bolt)

You need to bring that southern charm up here Nelson and deal with these Yankees lol

If I was buying right now..16.5 gt tech..probably ~28 just my .02. I'm waiting for diesel anyway but figure i can always pick up a low mileage gen 1..depends what you want but gen1 is a bit more of a drivers car imo gen 2 better if you do a lot of highway, want quiet so its def not without its perks..

Don't buy @wayne..g worth of bs fees for out of state, mandatory window etching. Got a great easy deal @poughkeespie not around the corner from nyc but might be worth the trip..colonial in danbury probably best mazda facility around me

Last edited:
I had a dealer tell me that they aren't selling for less than $500 ABOVE MSRP.... (bolt)

You need to bring that southern charm up here Nelson and deal with these Yankees lol

Lol. I could try! I normally end up meeting in the middle, and it's worked out rather nicely so far (one car from Va, one car from Pa). A little further North is possible,however.

Back