Q-1 Compact SUV sales figures

New CX5 was released in April. An American quarter is 3 months. Jan -Mar.

Discussssssssssssssssss

Even if Nissan made the best vehicle in the world, I would never buy one. Any of you ever go to nissan.com and read what Nissan motors pulled on Nissan Computers? I'd never do business with a company that did that.... and I was aware of it.

What drew me to Mazda a few weeks back was the $2k cash back. I was checking everything out on line and from reliability, price, features, and aesthetics, Mazda was my number one stop on my shopping day. After a test drive I didn't feel the need check any other manufacturer out.

I loved my 2005 Rav4, it was a great vehicle. Hopefully in another 12 years I'll be saying the same about my CX-5.

The 17 CX5 isn't gonna sell any better than the 16, 15, etc. Exactly because what has already mentioned, people buying into this category, the majority just don't know any better. They really are blinded and it's a shame. Because there really is much better out there that what sits at the top of the sales charts. I.E. CX5>Rouge.

The 17 CX5 isn't gonna sell any better than the 16, 15, etc. Exactly because what has already mentioned, people buying into this category, the majority just don't know any better. They really are blinded and it's a shame. Because there really is much better out there that what sits at the top of the sales charts. I.E. CX5>Rouge.

Thank goodness the people here do know better and that's why CX-5 is number one 4 years in a row and sure to continue

for me this is good news, why would I want a car everyone else has, honestly, i saw THREE Lexus RX350's parked right next to each other today at target. I see them everywhere that it doesn;t stand out anymore for a $50K car. i could care less for them, basically over priced Highlanders

Yeah my thought too.

While I am seeing way more CX-5s here now, it pales in comparison to CRVs, Rogues, etc.

I'll never be parked next to another CX-5 and definitely won't see 3 CX-5 s lined up all the same color in a parking lot like the CRVs and Subarus.

Took this walking out of dinner a few months ago. Was pretty surprised.

2EeHqhXh.jpg

Last edited:

Yup. And the "hand sculpted" commercial won't boost sales either. While Nissans commercials all focus on safety features.

Mazdas problem is that their commercials only speak to and resonate with current owners/fans, not potential buyers.

Last edited:
Took this walking out of dinner a few months ago. Was pretty surprised.

2EeHqhXh.jpg

Wow. Well I stand corrected then lol!

LOL @ a Dodge Journey beating a CX-5. Step your game up Mazda.

Come on Mango, think this one through.

As mentioned before, fleet sales. When my CX-5 was in the shop after being rear ended, Enterprise gave me a Dodge Journey. Needless to say, couldn't get my CX-5 back soon enough.

I think even you Mango, can admit that there is no way in hell a Dodge Journey is better than a CX-5. Same argument against Rogue buyers not knowing any better can be applied to Dodge Journey buyers. And probably the same "Get $7k off, or 20% off or whatever" shenanigans like the Rogue is probably going on and the sheeple buy in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yup. And the "hand sculpted" commercial won't boost sales either. While Nissans commercials all focus on safety features.

Mazdas problem is that their commercials only speak to and resonate with current owners/fans, not potential buyers.

Exactly. Also according to that website, the new CX-9 currently sits at 15th place in sales among it's competitors. What's up with that?

They need to fire their entire marketing department.

There is no way they can survive being a 'niche' brand when it's competitors are spending BILLIONS on electric/autonomous technology for their vehicles. I would love to see them merge with Subaru one day.

God I hate Subarus. I hope that never happens.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I think Nissan took a tip from Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi added a suffix name to an existing model and used it for another model. Mitsubishi has a larger Outlander model and a smaller Outlander Sport model. Its a little confusing when auto makers do this. The Rogue Sport is called the Qashqai in other countries and is smaller than the Rogue. I saw it at the Chicago Auto Show last February. Its supposed to go on sale this spring but I havent seen any on the street yet. The orange Rogue Sport at the show looked sharp and will replace the Juke, a dated and ugly duckling of a car.

From: https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ssan-may-top-suv-sales-charts-2017/101143592/

The Rogue and Rogue Sport are pretty clearly two different vehicles that appeal to different customers, but Nissan plans to lump sales of both under the Rogue heading. The Rogue Sport is a foot shorter and 200 pounds lighter than the Rogue. Its a trick, but its a trick other automakers have used for decades.

Its inaccurate to roll Rogue and Rogue Sport sales figures into one total because theyre in fact two different models. At least Mazda didnt do the same thing by naming the CX-3 the CX-5 Sport.

Back