My new Sonic Silver CX-5

Did you have to ask them not to drill holes for the front license plate holder? I walked the Town North parking lot today checking out the 2017 and they all had front license plate holders. I did not check how they were attached.

(Yes I know front license plates are required in Texas but I'd say only 50% of local cars have them and I've never had a problem in my 8 year old car not having one.)

Did you have to ask them not to drill holes for the front license plate holder? I walked the Town North parking lot today checking out the 2017 and they all had front license plate holders. I did not check how they were attached.

(Yes I know front license plates are required in Texas but I'd say only 50% of local cars have them and I've never had a problem in my 8 year old car not having one.)

Ours comes with plate holders installed.

No, because they ordered it from another dealership 300 miles away that didn't install it. I'm guessing in Austin. They never asked me if I wanted to put on a front license plate, and that is good because I didn't want it. My A4 doesn't have one either.

As I understand it, the only way they can issue a citation in Dallas for lack of a front license plate is if you are speeding or violating some other driving law. I've lived here 10 years and have never been cited for not having a front license plate, so keeping fingers crossed. Anyway, every time I drive on 635 I see an accident or a broken-down car, so I think we are keeping our police busy with more important issues. I love Dallas, but it has some of the most stupid drivers I've ever seen.(dunno)

Last edited:
Over here, all vehicles must have front and rear licence plates. Hence they come with the holder on the front pre-installed

Over here, all vehicles must have front and rear licence plates. Hence they come with the holder on the front pre-installed

Here it varies by state. According to google 31 states require a front license plate. But as dseag2 said, in Texas at least enforcement seems to be pretty lax.

Back