My new Sonic Silver CX-5

What a coincidence, we test drove this past weekend with Arthur. And I then got an email quote from Alex. Did you negotiate over email with Alex first?

Cool. Well enjoy your beautiful new ride! Hope to join you soon with one of my own on the roads of Dallas!

Damn that does look sharp. Congrats. The wheel wells look a bit odd, though. Like they're bigger then normal. Tint looks great.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

yeah, in that one pic the wheels look comically small, but its just an illusion combined with the poor lighting.

Thought I'd post since there are so few pics of Sonic Silver GT's. It is a great color that changes from a dark to light silver in different conditions. Looks great with the wheels. Not a neck-snapper like SRC, but easy to keep clean and helps me fly under the radar. Love this car!
Congrats for finding a new CX-5 you want with a good price! We like silver and we're getting silver color for every new vehicle we've been getting. Unfortunately Mazda doesn't offer lighter interior such as matching gray like everybody else. This's our first black interior vehicle, and for sure it feels hot in Dallas during summer time!

Noticed the Town North Mazda plate in your pictures at first. You're lucky they haven't put the front license plate bracket and dealer's plate on front bumper making two holes. I skipped front plate and it looks a lot nicer. Town North is my dealer too and I always recommend them to any potential Dallas Mazda buyer. I like Town North Mazda a lot and the business is running in an old fashioned way. Many salesmen work there for a long time.

New here - just curious - who did you deal with at Town North? We may be buying there on Saturday.
Richard Blye is my salesman and you can call or talk to him in person. Alex Tsvang actually is the sales manager. Both of them are very nice and reasonable; they're not pushy like most other car salesmen and most of all they provide excellent service even after the sale! Actually Will is the salesman on Internet and email side, Arthur is another salesman. But dseag2 said it correctly they all seem to work together. If you can't find the exact CX-5 you want, you still can ask Alex to do a search at Mazda's port of entry and find a one you want. It should take about 3 weeks to get it with near 0 miles on it even if the one you want is still on Pacific Ocean.

yeah, in that one pic the wheels look comically small, but its just an illusion combined with the poor lighting.

Considering from the photo it was a very sunny day, think you need to tell the sun it provided poor lighting (lol2)

Considering from the photo it was a very sunny day, think you need to tell the sun it provided poor lighting (lol2)

Look at the first pic again. The wheel wells are largely in the shade... and the wheels look like a joke.

Reminds me of those low riding pickups with teensy tiny wheels/rims. But as I said, it's the lighting making them look puny.

Last edited:
Look at the first pic again. The wheel wells are largely in the shade... and the wheels look like a joke.

Its because the smart phone camera. The bright sunlight is causing it not to get all of the detail and lighting correct.

Seems I am one of the few people who actually like the 19" rims

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Back