TPMS Scan/Activiation Tool? If you have, what are you using?

:
Toronto, ON Canada
:
2017 CX-5 GT
With the 2017 CX-5s now going back to traditional TPMS sensors mounted inside the wheels, I've been reading threads about the process to swap winter wheels on and off.

Curious if members here that have a Scan/Activation tool can comment on what they are using?

There was a post in this section about the misuse prevention logic TSB and there were several tools listed in the supported Ads for devices on Amazon.

Are all of the tools basic ODBC scan tools with the option to set the device IDs in the Car's computer or are they used to activate the sensors in the wheels?

I'm generally looking for an inexpensive tool that can activate the sensors in the wheels after I swap for winter or summer and go through the process to have the CX-5 recognize the new set of wheels without first having to drive and activate them which puts the TPMS indicator on the screen.

Not a lot of people have the 2017 CX-5 on here yet and the older models don't have the TPMS in the wheel so we don't worry about it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Point taken however this thread also appears in other areas of Mazdas247. TPMS is not new only to CX-5 but has been in use for many years on different Mazda models.

Back