2017 CX-5 GT Prem. - Infotainment V59 SLOOOOW!!!

wade198582

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring w/Premium Pkg
I have a 2017 Mazda CX-5 GT with Premium Package. The infotainment system is version 59. I have had a the car for a few weeks and I find the following.
1. When I access my iPhone 7 through usb 1 I go to the artists section and it takes a LONG time to load the artists. For a while it would display the letters on the side to quickly scroll. Now there are no letters on the side to scroll and I have to scroll through all of the artists to get to a band such as Zac Brown Band.
2. The Mazda infotainment system takes a LONG time to boot from first starting the car.
3. When I use Pandora through usb 1, sometimes there is a lag between the song skipping to the next song and the information changing to the new track.
Is anyone else having these issues? I will update this post as I use the car more.

isn't there a checkbox option in settings for auto-sync, maybe turn that off and see if it speeds things up ?

as long as you don't add music or contacts on a dialy basis, no really need to sync every time you boot up, it just bogs things down.

same thing for test messages and e-mails, if you don't need those notifications on your CX-5, can also try turning those off.....

isn't there a checkbox option in settings for auto-sync, maybe turn that off and see if it speeds things up ?

as long as you don't add music or contacts on a dialy basis, no really need to sync every time you boot up, it just bogs things down.

same thing for test messages and e-mails, if you don't need those notifications on your CX-5, can also try turning those off.....

Thanks for the help. I will give your suggestions a try.

I have upgraded the infotainment system to 59.00.502NA. Now when I connect my iPhone 7, it will connect but not allow me to access the root menu (playlists, artists, songs etc) until the mzd connect populates all of the items in the root menu. It will take about 1 1/2 minutes before I am allowed to access the root menu. This is NOT acceptable #mazdausa

Have noticed once in awhile from a cold start my system can take over a minute to boot. Most times it's around 30 seconds or a little less. Wonder if it occasionally runs some checks causing the system to take a little longer. This morning it took well over a minute. The start after the initial one was normal.

Hope it's not like windows and take longer and longer the more patches that are applied.

How fast do you need it to boot.. it's a computer in you car!! Be amazed At what you have now a days my friend. A few years ago none of this was available.

can you make a better software program for us.?

Maybe because I'm coming from a 20 year old car to this and I'm not spoiled yet... but dam, how fast from the time you press the start button, to putting on your seat belt, letting the RPM's settle down, do you need music, texting, podcast, etc..???

Watch this: https://youtu.be/q8LaT5Iiwo4 Funny...

Not saying it's perfect by any means but dam. It's a computer with gps etc. in you car.... LOL

Last edited:
I normally want the camera to come on when I put the car in reverse, and not 15-30 seconds later.

As for music, I've given up. USB drive can be navigated by folder almost immediately, so that's the way I'm using it; the artists and other navigation criteria may take up to 3-5min to load. Pretty useless.

How fast do you need it to boot.. it's a computer in you car!! Be amazed At what you have now a days my friend. A few years ago none of this was available.

can you make a better software program for us.?

Maybe because I'm coming from a 20 year old car to this and I'm not spoiled yet... but dam, how fast from the time you press the start button, to putting on your seat belt, letting the RPM's settle down, do you need music, texting, podcast, etc..???

Watch this: https://youtu.be/q8LaT5Iiwo4 Funny...

Not saying it's perfect by any means but dam. It's a computer with gps etc. in you car.... LOL

After spending 35 yrs in the IT field with the majority in software development to tell you the truth -- I'm not amazed.

Which version of 59 are you running? The latest version (59.502) sped up my system quite a bit, but you lose the ability to hack into the system through USB. If you are really frustrated by the slowness of the infotainment system, you should try updating to 59.502 on your own. All you need is a computer and USB stick. The directions can be found in the CX-5 lounge.

I normally want the camera to come on when I put the car in reverse, and not 15-30 seconds later.

Well, that's not normal, so something definitely seems to be up with your particular situation. The backup camera should come on rapidly once the car is shifted into reverse (I forget the exact time, but pretty sure the max time is dictated by the delayed but still forthcoming US regs requiring backup cameras). Mine is on once in R within maybe 1-2 seconds....

Just dropped my 2016 off at a different dealership today then what I usually go to have some recall work performed, the passenger air bag and rear struts. I asked them to update my firmware version while the car was in there and they looked at me like I was speaking Latin. The service advisor told me that the dealerships don't update the system, that, it's just a SD card that I update at home. I told him that is the navigation SD card that I do update at home but I am talking about the actual OS of the vehicle and the firmware update that the dealer is suppose to do. I know I probably could update at home myself, but I'd rather not risk it. I called mazda and got a reference number to give the dealer to do the work so hopefully they can figure this out.

Yeah, Mazda needs a better way to update the OS. In my old Ford Edge, even the crappy 'My Ford Touch' system could be updated through a customer download.

You can do that

Sure, if you go to a 3rd party forum, download an unknown file, and follow a youtube video for instructions. My point was that other manufacturers provide an official download and simple instructions for an at-home upgrade and that Mazda could do more to provide their customers with an easy upgrade process.

Is there an official way to update the firmware?

And the navigation?

Where would I go or sign up to see when new updates get released?

I have a m6 and recently went from v55 to v59. I find v59 much slower to boot , switch to the backup cam, and generally slower than v55. I'm thinking of downgrading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back