Dear Mazda, I'm back!!

:
Indiana
:
2017 CX-5
I've been out of the Mazda fold for 12 years (protege5 then MPV) but it looks like we will be purchasing a 2017 CX-5 this weekend. Right now I have a 2005 Odyssey (family car) and 2003 Marauder (mine). It will be fun to have something with some modern day frills.

It will be fun to have something with some modern day frills.

No Matter the brand, HUD, BT tel/audio, LED and ActiveHeadlights ("KurvenLicht") are awesome features that are impressive IMHO. Don't sweat the DRL complaints, it's purely cosmetic.

Lol. The Marauder is definitely not known for its speed but I have done a few things to it. I had to replace axles so I went ahead and installed 4:10s in the rear and got a tune. Just yesterday I had magnaflows installed (obviously doesn't change hp/tq....just adds a little more sound).

Lol. The Marauder is definitely not known for its speed but I have done a few things to it. I had to replace axles so I went ahead and installed 4:10s in the rear and got a tune. Just yesterday I had magnaflows installed (obviously doesn't change hp/tq....just adds a little more sound).

I always thought the Marauder was one of those big american sedans that did a 6 second 0-60? Basically the street version of a cop car. No?

I always thought the Marauder was one of those big american sedans that did a 6 second 0-60? Basically the street version of a cop car. No?

It is big and American but it is a big car and not a big enough engine. 0-60 is around 7.5 seconds.
It is rated with a higher horsepower/torque rating than any other factory panther platform car (crown vic, police interceptor, grand marquis, town car) but it couldn't compete with the earlier impala SS of the mid-life 90s. I still love it though.

I had forgot about the Mercury Marauder... single year wasn't it? I haven't seen one in quite some time.

I owned a p71 with 3.27 posi, aluminum ds, and a 5.4L 1998 f150 engine. It was unique and more fun than it should have been! The last of American full steel frame rwd sedans. I regret selling it so much. My grandpa and I built it in the driveway, along with my dad. I was young and wanted a Trans am, and learned sentimentality a bit late in life. Grew up a bit short on it, as it were.

It is big and American but it is a big car and not a big enough engine. 0-60 is around 7.5 seconds.
It is rated with a higher horsepower/torque rating than any other factory panther platform car (crown vic, police interceptor, grand marquis, town car) but it couldn't compete with the earlier impala SS of the mid-life 90s. I still love it though.

The lt1 had low end torque and a good transmission behind it, in the SS's.

I owned a p71 with 3.27 posi, aluminum ds, and a 5.4L 1998 f150 engine. It was unique and more fun than it should have been! The last of American full steel frame rwd sedans. I regret selling it so much. My grandpa and I built it in the driveway, along with my dad. I was young and wanted a Trans am, and learned sentimentality a bit late in life. Grew up a bit short on it, as it were.

That does sound unique. Any pics?

I guess you'll have to make up for getting rid of it buy building something with your son/grandson.

Back