2013 Mazda3 i Hatchback Audio issue

Snowmazda3

:
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Hatchback
My Mazdas radio is ******* up. I'll be listening to the radio or the Bluetooth connected to my iPhone and if I turn up the bass or volume it just cuts off. I can't turn up the volume or bass. Could it be a battery issue cause I took it to AutoZone and was told my battery is fine. Anyone else have this issue? If so please tell me what you did to fix this issue

Does it do the same thing when you are not using your phone? (listening to the radio)

Yeah it does. If I turn it up too loud it just shuts off but the lights and everything is still on.

I found this in a search:
most aftermarket stereos have an automatic "breaker" so that if the you happen to touch the wires together or if the speaker shorts it either momentarily shuts off that channel or shuts off the radio. in my experience this can happen if there is an issue with the speaker, if the speaker is trying to consume to much wattage or if there is a wiring issue.

assuming that the power and ground wires that feed the radio are good, I would start by disconnecting one speaker at a time, and testing after each speaker is disconnected. include all speakers and hook them back up after testing. if it seems to be ok after unhooking a certain speaker then replace that speaker, if it still cuts out after disconnecting all of the speakers, then disconnect the wires directly at the radio making sure nothing touches one at a time. if it seems to be okay after disconnecting a certain pair of wires then you need to replace the wire from the radio to the speaker. if it still cuts out after disconnecting the wiring at the radio, I would either have the radio replaced or possibly tested.

Back