Need an opinion

syasar

:
NoCar
Sorry if im asking the wrong thing in the wrong place; just let me know.

So im a looking to buy my first car also my first manual car; I have been driving around in my parent car for the last couple of years which is an automatic and dont have not whole lot of manual experience. Now I have been looking around for Mazda 3 hatchs here in in Toronto; insurance is pretty steep here but still managable. Im looking to buy a old manual mazda 3; 07 or 08; with around 180xkm to 250xkm (110xmiles to 155xmiles) on them; priced pretty cheap around $2500 to $3500 cdn.

These cars I can afford right now; however there are 07- 08 speed3's priced about 6000 cdn with much fewer kms; but for sure insurance with will be more and I would have take a few more month to save up money; but I figured I would get a much better car and would be dream to own. But that what I think; Im to new to the car scene; im learning alot but Im not confident in making this decison alone. I need some help; it would be so awesome to have a speed3 it would be dream; but i really dont know if I should.

So I ask all of you for a starbuck barista, going through university; should i go partical and buy a mazda3 or take a leap of faith and buy a speed3.

When I was 21, and while still living in CT, I bought a 68 Corvette convertible (4 speed manual). I soon realized that it was insane to drive it during times when snow was on the streets, so I added an automatic 68 Cougar. Despite not having insurance, cruising the highway at 120 MPH, getting chased by the police, and getting my license suspended, I would've done it all over again. Perhaps some day you will be more practical and not need power that will not be used often, but there should be a time in your life when you have the power. Get the power and enjoy.

Make sure you check in with the folks on mazdaspeedS.com for some good advice. There are things that can go wrong with these cars, and a lot of folks will "de-modify" their cars before trading/selling them; that way they can sell the mods back to you after you see them on e-bay.... Also, seek an ethical mechanic who will give you a true evaluation of the car. At your price range you are unlikely to find a perfect car, but if you know what will need to do in the near and distant future, you can save up for what needs to be done, while taking good care of the car you purchase.

I did my speed time and work time. I own a 2010 Speed3 now for the fun of it. It handles like a go-kart and I love to cruise just above the speed limit out on rural curvy roads....where I live in AZ, I can do that year round. That, but at the same time enjoying AC, cruise control and a satellite radio with a Bose system! What's not to love?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can imagine myself driving speed3 now; Im gonna save up and get the car; you guys make it should like it will be well worth the wait

Back