Some quality time with the '17 gt today

:
'16.5 JBM CX-5 AWD GT tech, '19 Veloster N
Just some further reflection on my 2nd b2b test of the 16.5 and 17..a worthy follow up at better ct dealer after a much better test drive and a little rf for dessert:) First the 16.5..very familiar nice but not earth shattering interior upgrades vs the 14..non-gated shifter pretty much a non-issue as it looks and actually feels better in use. Not much else to say.. its the let's re-up the 14 with more of the same at a good deal before I'm 'forced' into the kinder gentler and yes softer 2017 cx5. Well after a few highway miles, few tight twisty backroad miles I'm resting a bit easier in wait for a diesel and/or tweaks goodies in the next my or 2. Did they fully fix the mirror shimmy at speed? Sorry to report on my road in my test car..no! Is the cx5 a nicer place to be particularly on the highway..100% yes, quieter sure, but definitely more compliant and felt nicely planted and overall just more upscale. It felt just a little less playful in the bends with what felt like maybe 5-10% more body roll...gasp!! I actually do feel it was a worthy trade off, powertrain is still perfectly adequate and maybe even a bit snappier, transmission still among the best in class entry lux inclusive. Interior is different look but unquestionably nicer. Disappointed the power gate that I dont need or want doesn't initiate close upon a manual tug down as most do but its not terribly slow at least. Cargo hold is a step down..dealer was refreshingly honest -6cft..not insignificant but certainly no deal breaker for me. I like the 16.5 gt wheels waay better and I'd still strongly consider the touring with preferred and put the savings toward the rf! Awesome little machine, still can't believe 155hp moved it so well, sounded great, steered, shifted amazing just a joy..seats were soso didn't fit me great. Ride giggled my man titties more than expected and more than the body roll through the tight stuff would suggest but still a great fun great looking even, little Japanese go cart...bravo!

Thanks for the input. I never considered a remaining '16.5, but after the second test drive of the '17 the decision was a no-brainer. Signed the paperwork today and will pick it up later this week.

powertrain is still perfectly adequate and maybe even a bit snappier, transmission still among the best in class entry lux inclusive.

They have adjusted the transmission and throttle response so this is what you noticed

Latest posts

Back