Brake Booster Failure 2016 Cx-9

kneekon

:
2016 CX-9 SIGNATURE
So this issue has came up again today. I'm at a redlight with my foot on the brake, I started to feel the pedal "sinking" into the floor. The car starts rolling forward , I released the brake and applied again. Brought it to the dealership, the tech tried to replicate the problem, but it worked normal again after I dropped the car off. This is the 3rd time that has happen. He said "its normal due to the car having brake assist." I don't find that normal at all, more of a safety concern!

Have your cell phone at hand set up to video. Photograph your foot sinking on the pedal then out the windshield with the car moving.
Is there any way you can find the conditions that cause this...certain driving conditions or road conditions...so you can demonstrate it to the service writer?

What you describe is absolutely not normal and totally a safety concern. Telephone Mazda USA, 800-222-5500, and complain about the local dealership service writing not paying attention to your serious safety problem, and ask if they have any insight into this problem. Also talk with the actual service manager at your dealership, not just the service writer.

Sounds like the known issue with the booster membrane developing a small tear. Mazda replaced ours out of warranty for a small fee due to the age of the car (an early 2014 with issue in 2016 and around 100k miles)

Not sure if the service bulletin said they had fixed it in the later model cars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

So this issue has came up again today. I'm at a redlight with my foot on the brake, I started to feel the pedal "sinking" into the floor. The car starts rolling forward , I released the brake and applied again. Brought it to the dealership, the tech tried to replicate the problem, but it worked normal again after I dropped the car off. This is the 3rd time that has happen. He said "its normal due to the car having brake assist." I don't find that normal at all, more of a safety concern!

this is very concerning and DEFINITELY a safety concern,

I'm really really surprised this issue from 1st gen 2007-2015 CX-9 brake booster issues has carried over to 2016 CX-9 Signature ???

https://www.reddit.com/r/mazda/comments/6coz5n/brake_booster_failure_2016_cx9/

2007-2015 were basically Ford Edge and Ford components, 2016 is pure Mazda,

very strange the similar issue has carried over since it really not the same mfg or part......

Have your cell phone at hand set up to video. Photograph your foot sinking on the pedal then out the windshield with the car moving.
Is there any way you can find the conditions that cause this...certain driving conditions or road conditions...so you can demonstrate it to the service writer?

What you describe is absolutely not normal and totally a safety concern. Telephone Mazda USA, 800-222-5500, and complain about the local dealership service writing not paying attention to your serious safety problem, and ask if they have any insight into this problem. Also talk with the actual service manager at your dealership, not just the service writer.

Definitely will video it next time..it has happened randomly all under normal driving conditions. Will address this problem with mazda USA for answers

this is very concerning and DEFINITELY a safety concern,

I'm really really surprised this issue from 1st gen 2007-2015 CX-9 brake booster issues has carried over to 2016 CX-9 Signature ???

https://www.reddit.com/r/mazda/comments/6coz5n/brake_booster_failure_2016_cx9/

2007-2015 were basically Ford Edge and Ford components, 2016 is pure Mazda,

very strange the similar issue has carried over since it really not the same mfg or part......

That was my post on Reddit . Lol so did mazda do a recall for those models??

Back