hatch open

Tconner40

:
Mazda CX 9 2016
New owners of the 2016 Grand Touring CX9. We keep finding our rear hatch open. My husband keeps his key fob in his pants pocket. How to prevent?

I've had it happen several times, I bought a key fob case on amazon, it solved the issue. lol

I've inadvertently opened the hatch a few times, once while leaning against the counter at our veterinarians. Luckily, the dogs were standing next to me, because if they had been in the car when the hatch opened they would have jumped out, right next to a busy highway.

It would be nice if there were more programmable options for all this automation. I never use the buttons on the fob, so it's just one more thing to keep track of. My dream come true would be to look on Amazon and find a variety of replacement fobs, including one with no buttons, a small waterproof one, and one that could be switched on/off for use as a hide-a-key.

Well, I did the same thing but didn't see it when I pushed the button for the electric garage opener and the garage door caught on the hatch and scratched the bottom of the hatch up pretty royal...also dented the garage door. Brain-fart hint, when you notice doing this go close the hatch before messing with the garage door....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I did the same thing but didn't see it when I pushed the button for the electric garage opener and the garage door caught on the hatch and scratched the bottom of the hatch up pretty royal...also dented the garage door. Brain-fart hint, when you notice doing this go close the hatch before messing with the garage door....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Similar thing happened to me and the hardware on the garage door put a big ding/scratch in the rear hatch. I take the key fob out of my pocket as soon as I'm in the house now. Too bad the rear radar is not active and keep the rear hatch from opening when in the garage with garage door closed.

Back