What is this connector for? Possible dash light hook up?

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech & i-Activesense
When I was changing my cabin filter I noticed there was a small 2 wire connector attached to a cross member just above the cabin air filter. There is nothing going to it. I was wondering if any body knows what it is for? I have a 2016 GT with Tech and I-active so I have Bose, Navigation and satellite radio it one can rule all of those out. The most likely candidates are that it's for a hook up for a glove box light, which the lamp socket holder is present or something to do with an OEM remote start system. Does anybody know for sure? Here's a pic of what I'm talking about:

attachment.php

I believe someone found this connector a while ago and it's for our missing glove compartment light. But it seems not every 2016 CX-5 has this unused connector. You're the lucky one! :)

I haven't put a voltage meter on it yet, but that's a very good idea. If it is indeed for a glove box light does anybody know where I can get the rest of the harness for said light? It would need to have the bulb holder at the other end?

I haven't put a voltage meter on it yet, but that's a very good idea. If it is indeed for a glove box light does anybody know where I can get the rest of the harness for said light? It would need to have the bulb holder at the other end?
You can try JapanParts.com but finding the part number would be a huddle. But you may be able to try the glove box bulb holder from US Mazda6 as it does have one. And I believe the glove box light is on with the parking lights (and headlights) and there's no on/off switch by itself. It's basically getting the same power source as instrument panel lights.

I have found some of these, in the front doors as well and I can't figure out, what they are for. They are toward the latch, around the middle of the door.

I have found some of these, in the front doors as well and I can't figure out, what they are for. They are toward the latch, around the middle of the door.

Lights for switches like some are craving for? Surely they didn't wire for them and then cut a $5 corner and not finish the job?!? Kinda embarrassing if that becomes the case...

Lights for switches like some are craving for? Surely they didn't wire for them and then cut a $5 corner and not finish the job?!? Kinda embarrassing if that becomes the case...

Exactly.... trying to save ~$0.50 on a switch all the while having the infrastructure/wiring already in there to support said switches?

(bang)

Hmmm, that might be a great place to connect my radar detector. I'll have to check that out if I ever get around to it.

You can also try to locate first if there's a limit switch that will trigger the light if you open the glove compartment. If it didn't come as a standard in your vehicle, then you also might need to buy the limit switch.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Back