Need advice please !! fissured rear strut mount, long trip ahead.

Moynihan

:
Mazda 3 2006 2.0L
Hi guys !

I am pretty new to these forums and this is my first post so I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong section.

So i got a good 3000km to drive next thursday but I just last minute noticed that my rear left strut mount is fissured / cracked right down the middle, meaning there is a great play in the support and rubber piece (I can slide the rubber piece down and out the support with my hand) but the strut doesnt feel loose, like I cant move or wiggle it with my hand and still seems very supported. I noticed my car is also lower on the left side too now. I have a mazda 3 2006 2.0L.

So my big question is, Will I make the trip ?! is it dangerous if the mount gave in anymore on the freeway? is it possible i end up damaging the vehicle tons more $ ? what is the best and worst case scenario ?

Thanks alot guys !!!

18622866_10155365729409837_1368645386_n.jpg

Best case scenerio... nothing happens

Worst case scenerio.. you lose you shock, lose control of the car, crash, etc, etc.

Shops will be open Tues / wed, take it in and get it fixed before your drive.

Replace it!

Extremely easy to replace it yourself., and cheap. If you go slowly and are not sure, you can have it done in 30 minutes.

I wonder how this happened in the first place. Those of you who have this gen Mazda 3 should take a look to see yours is developing the same failure mode.
Was this car subjected to years of salted roads in Canada?

Back