Obsevations yokohama tires

Yup road surface, driving style, inflation maintenance, rotation (or lack there of) all affect it. The treadwear rating is done by the manufacturer so it's most relevant comparing between models of a like brand in relative fashion. That's why it's not rated in miles. It's somewhat useful across brands but Michelin, Continental, and Yokohama might not necessarily rate it the same. Still a 600 or 700 tire is almost certainly going to last longer than a 300. But twice as long...... maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tire ratings are pretty complicated. They run a prescribed loop in West Texas with a convoy of vehicles running both the tire to be tested and a NHTSA "standard" test tire, rotating every so often. After 7200 miles they compare the tires.

Yup the test is standard but how they derive a # from that is up to the tire manufacturer. So it's a general guideline for relative wear but not directly to miles in my opinion.

Yup the test is standard but how they derive a # from that is up to the tire manufacturer. So it's a general guideline for relative wear but not directly to miles in my opinion.

You can't set miles directly because road conditions, vehicle weight and driving style all have an influence.

Get General AltiMax RT43 225/65R17 102H tire as it seems to be the best for the money and for our CX-5. Try Discount Tire Store if you don't have a good tire shop in mind.
Thanks for the advice. I ended up going with the Continental cross contact LX. NTB was having a sale buy 2 get 2 free as long as you purchase their service contract

Back