Is $900+ a reasonable price to pay for a blower motor replacement?

Clicky

I have been having an intermittent blower motor problem on my 2013 Mazda 5. It started out having to drive a minute or two before it would turn on. Now I can wait 30 minutes plus and it still won't turn on. It usually works when cold but usually won't work when hot. I changed the blower motor resistor and still had the same problem.

I also removed the wind shield cowl under the hood and didn't see anything interfering from the inlet side.

Decided to bring it to the dealer and was figuring $300-500. They told me the repair will be $900 and change. Is that a reasonable estimate to replace the blower motor?

Secondly they also said that the air box had a lot of debris and recommended cleaning that out for another $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump. Sounds like you are talking about the interior (cabin air) blower and they have to remove part of the dashboard. I don't know why they would charge $200 extra for debris removal though.

Are the blower motors genuine Mazda parts for $60? Or a third-party?

I called three dealers and they all quoted me around $220 for the blower motor.

I already tried that cleaning that you linked to send couldn't see anything interfering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$60 for aftermarket and $160 for OEM.
Remember that OEM is just an aftermarket part in an OEM box :) Mazda does not make motors, they buy and resell.

Back