CX-5 16 vs. 17 Side Profile Black

Which side profile do you prefer? 17 or 16?

• Total voters
I don't need a poll, I had a 2014 and 2016 CX-5.

I'd probably still have the 2016 if my place in life precluded us from upgrading. My wife plans to drive this till the wheels fall off and I wanted to make sure that the car was loaded, IOT make it as "future proof" as possible.

2017 update is a bonus. My wife isn't a car person, but she is a fan of Mazda, since our old 626 days.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Amen - especially in comparison to cr-v and Subaru IMO. Man has Honda lost their way in the design dept with their econobox for the masses.

Amen - especially in comparison to cr-v and Subaru IMO. Man has Honda lost their way in the design dept with their econobox for the masses.

TBH, what they are doing works, it benefits them to remain very conservative in their design and specs.

Mazda doesn't have to be boxed into the brand like they are.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Well that's essentially the difference between Honda and Mazda.

Clearly it works for Honda as they sell. But get anyone who actually enjoys driving and doesn't see it as merely an appliance and Mazda comes into the picture.

And as a Colorado resident, don't get me started on Subarus and how much I hate Subaru drivers here. They are always in an Outback going 10 under the speed limit in the left lane. ARGH!

Both really have their own certain aspects that stand above the other. The 16 will age better I think. Well really 13-16.5. 10 years down the road, I believe those years are going to be more remembered.

If sales are up then obviously people like the vehicle as whole.

People just know Honda. Most people really don't research and just go buy by brand. People unlike us here in the forums. We really are the minority here for car buyers.

Which one is which?

All I know is the ass end of mine (2016.5) collects dust and dirt like no other vehicle I've ever owned. That little shelf thing might as well be a table top in a sawdust factory.

Which one is which?

All I know is the ass end of mine (2016.5) collects dust and dirt like no other vehicle I've ever owned. That little shelf thing might as well be a table top in a sawdust factory.

17 top, 16 bottom. How can you miss that classic side swoop of the 16? 😁

People just know Honda. Most people really don't research and just go buy by brand. People unlike us here in the forums. We really are the minority here for car buyers.

Agreed. It's the same with anything. With cellphones most people buy a "Galaxy" or an iPhone instead of HTC, or OnePlus when they're just as good. Researching is for sheep... ;)

Last edited:
I prefer the '17. Looks cleaner and will age better.

edit: I do like the rear spoiler on the '16, though.

Last edited:

Seems the reverse here. People know Mazda

I think they're ugly too, but I'd love to have that new Type R motor in my olskie wolskie CRX, though. Think the B and K series motors are superior, however, and actually the best 4 cylinders ever made (throw in the Yota 22R as well).

I'm sure it's a nice motor but in my opinion it's too much HP for front wheel drive.

Latest posts

Back